My own AEFW (Acro Eating Flatworms) images

Tenuis don't usually have a problem, as far as I've been able to tell. Still, it can be good to verify with a dip on occasion.

I've dipped corals that were busy RTNing just to rule out AEFW, and there were none.

Marc-

I know it's hard to find a silver lining, but I'm sure this thread has gotten a bunch of folks (myself included) to set up quarantine tanks. Your unsurpassed ability to document what you do is also much appreciated.

Are you still living with AEFW or did you eventually get rid of them?

Thanks Marc for the update; It looks amazing

fts_0723.jpg

http://melevsreef.com/pics/08/07/fts_angled_LG_0723.jpg

I know that this thread has helped many including myself. I might of went a little more radical than some, but knowing that people have fought the battle was enough for me. People like you, Ace, Chris and Peter were all great examples for me to follow.

You are very welcome; I'm glad it helped.

I've read many threads where people went to such extremes to deal with pests that they ended up losing their prized corals. I prefer to take a less intense approach, looking for reasonable solutions.

Here's an updated picture of my reef, from February 11th, 2009.
fts_021109SM.jpg

Very helpful thread. I must say it literally makes me sick to the stomach to see some of those pictures. To a degree it makes me ultra-paranoid. Every time I see the slightest spot on a coral I freak out.

I recently snapped a GARF bonsai out of my tank, used epoxy over the base, then threw the coral in my softie tank only to find out that no one agreed that AEFW caused the spots (when I posted lose ups here on RC). I did a dip and could not confirm any AEFW.

Luckily the coral is still alive and is back in my main display.

I think sometime I see spots which are actually new growth due to changes in the flow patterns in my tank (recently moving power tunze pumps around).

so like im not so good on the whole abbreviation thing so do you think you could tell me what TMPCC is . This was on neptune777 post thanks alot

is the seachem reef dip comparable to tmpcc or revive in its effectiveness on aefw?
not that i have them (not bragging) but in an attempt to be prepared !

is the seachem reef dip comparable to tmpcc or revive in its effectiveness on aefw?
not that i have them (not bragging) but in an attempt to be prepared !

I used it to treat for AEFW, but its not that great. It does work, but I found CoralRx to work much better. I had 1 AEFW that I treated with the Seachem reef dip and it took almost double the does to actually kill it. It was stunned at just a little more than normal dose, and you could have basted it off probably, but it didn't kill it until I increased the dose. I don't know what this would do to a coral.

Any updates on Revive? I dipped a frag the other day and had a few aefw in the bucket. Has anyone used Revive in a larger setup? How does this compare to the Fluke tabs?

Okay, I started reading this thread... It started off like a good book but my eyes are killing me... :hmm5: So, what ever happened to Melevs tank? and did he ever figure out how to kill the FW?

Last edited:
Are the fluke tabs still available? I think I'd like to add them to my QT process.

If so, where?

Back