Need Help: I'm new to Tunzes, and my 6100's are not powerful as I expected

weap0n_X

Hi,

I just bought a new tank system which included two tunze 6100 and a multicontroller which are less than a year old and in very good condition.

I put a tunze 6100 in a bucket full of rock, and I have a seio 1500 in a bucket full of rock. On the multicontroller, I have the tunze on full blast, 1-60s, and I compared the flow to the seio, and the seio has much more stronger flow.

Is there a setting I need the put the multicontroller on to make the tunze more powerful. Or can I adjust the tunze itself on the body.

Please let me know.

Thanks for your help,
Mohsin

The multi controller has different settings so the answer is yes.

The driver box also has a power adjustment fitting on it so the answer is yes to the pump also.

Check them both out.

What settings should I use on the multicontrollers to use the full power of the tunzes?

Where is the power adjustment fitting on the pump?

Thanks for your help,
Mohsin

weap0n_X,

You can run the 6100 without the 7095 controller for a quick test.

Keep in mind the flow pattern in the aquarium is very different to the flow in a bucket of rock, the best comparison would be in a set up aquarium.

The speed control when used on the controller is with the knobs marked min/max. Without the controller you can adjust the small screw on the drive (silver box)

I can email you an instruction manual tomorrow when at work if you like, email me at info@aquadepot.com.au to remind me if you like.

Regards
Graeme

Even a 6000 (1850 gph) should have more water flow than a Seio 1500 (1500 gph). Remember that it's a difficult thing to ascertain flow by just placing a hand in front of the pump - Seios tend to be more directional than Tunzes and if you put a hand in front of a Seio, it may feel "stronger" as a result.

Spleen

Back