Need LED Lighting Advice

I'd recommend checking out a pair of Aqua Illumination Hydra or the Hydra 26's. I went through a few different Chinese led lights and really wasn't happy with the color that came from any of them. Sure, they grew corals, but I have to be able to enjoy my tank as well. I decided I wanted more control, so I picked up a Hydra and never looked back... It's been an amazing light for me with 7 channels of control as compared to only 2 channels with most inexpensive lights, or even three for a moonlight control. You can find the regular Hydra for about $200 each used on the main forum's buy/sell page or if you can spare the extra bit of money you would be a bit happier with a brand new pair of Hydra 26's at $300 each plus the director for $100 or the controller for $70. The director gives you the control of the lights from your cell phone, tablet, or computer and the controller is a wireless unit (that has to be plugged into a power source) that will control both units at the same time. Personally, I'd spend the extra $200 on getting brand new AI Hydra 26's over the other options because of the amount of control you will have on each color as well as being able to control it from your phone or computer is pretty darn awesome. Good luck, any decision for your personal tank shouldn't come easy, just make sure you spend enough time looking at all options because in the end it's your tank and you should enjoy it the way you want to.

Back