Neptune Apex ATK (Auto Topoff Kit)

There are new features upcoming in Fusion that will help do all that. It's call 'Tasks' which is a wizard that will run you step by step in setting up various setups like heater,return,ato etc.

I suggest you ask in the Neptune forum (on their website, not here) for help in programming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been, but it's still a work in progress.

And when will this "Tasks" feature be released? I'd like to utilize the advanced ATO features you mentioned.

And when will this "Tasks" feature be released? I'd like to utilize the advanced ATO features you mentioned.

I'm not sure. The new features were only announced last week or so.

Here are some screen shots of the new function.

40ee9be624c739c7b3af786963326bd0.jpg

6d07979c2894f18c0fd48e2c61c1c28a.jpg

oooh that be nice.... Im hoping I get a bit more life outta my tunze for sure, but I know what its replacement will be lol.. But depending how long my Tunze lives and the results of the life of these will determine that next move.. But this sure does look sweet. Regardless one thing I wish I could do is activate one of my current devices wether it be the Tunze auto or a Doser pump on a timer randomly i.e. if my all is low to turn on my all dose for 10 or 15 min I have to time it and pray I don't forget (almost nuked my tank a couple weeks back)

2 sensors come standard on the ATK. You can add an additional sensor to use as reservoir low level sensor. Leaving 1 port open for a flow sensor or leak sensor.

I was thinking I had wasted money with the ALD module when I saw the FMM come out. Now I see I will need it for leak detection, since the ATO will take two ports on the FMM, leaving me with two left for the flow meters, and therefore no ports for leak sensors.
Worked well after all.

Where does the PMUP pump hooks up to? The small ports of the EB832(forgot the names)?

I have had the flow sensor of my JBJ ATO stick twice on the ON position, dumping all ATO RO water in my sump. Cant wait to have the optical sensors with float safety backup

Last edited:
PMUP can hook into the single 24v DC port on the FMM, the two on the EB832 or the two on the 1LINK module. If you're running it off the FMM it will require the power adapter to be plugged into the FMM module.

As folks play with this, I'd like to hear whether there is any advantage over just using reed or pressure float switches into a breakout box. Is there any 'smartness' that makes it more reliable, for example.

I think the switch from the reed to optical sensors makes this instantly more reliable. I wasn't a believer at first, but I've had so many of those crappy little plastic switches fail over time...

I haven't used pressure switches so I can't comment on them.

Did you get your Apex question answered? If not post a link and I can take a look. Don't mean to hijack thread.

At $199 it seems kind of expensive as the pmup pump basically sucks. I don't see how this is any better than my current apex controlled setup which consists of a litermeter basic pump and my 2 madison float switches. If they want to compete with a Tunze it should be a little cheaper.

I think the switch from the reed to optical sensors makes this instantly more reliable. I wasn't a believer at first, but I've had so many of those crappy little plastic switches fail over time...

I haven't used pressure switches so I can't comment on them.

I've always paid a bit more to get the Madison brand reed float switches. Haven't had one fail yet, but the current crop are only 4 years old.

At $199 it seems kind of expensive as the pmup pump basically sucks. I don't see how this is any better than my current apex controlled setup which consists of a litermeter basic pump and my 2 madison float switches. If they want to compete with a Tunze it should be a little cheaper.

I sort of agree, I've had the exact same setup, since I've started this hobby, even moved between a few different tanks, and it's never failed me.

Maybe their target group for this product are new hobbiest. Or the hobbiest who's ATO just took a crap and now looking to upgrade.

For me, it would be an "upgrade" whenever something on mine fails. Until then, I'm content.

What issues did you have with the pmup? I used 1 with a Avast ATO and it worked great.

What issues did you have with the pmup? I used 1 with a Avast ATO and it worked great.

Basically the same issue I have with the tunze ato pump in that it kinda sucks. It's super easy to get it to go into siphon. I think I'm just spoiled by the litermeter basic though as it's pulling water 30ft across my garage and will never go into siphon no matter how I install it.

Ok so basically you did not account for a siphon and it's the pumps fault.

They are different style of pumps. The litermeter is a peristaltic pump. The others are not.

Ok so basically you did not account for a siphon and it's the pumps fault.

They are different style of pumps. The litermeter is a peristaltic pump. The others are not.

First of all a pump that is inside a container that is the same height as the sump and has tubing connected horizontally from the top of the container to the sump should not siphon when turned off. A tiny sicce sincra micro does not do it yet the tunze and pmup do.

I mentioned the litermeter as that's what I have now and yes I know the difference between a peristaltic and impeller pump.

The pmup is way too expensive for what it is.

Then again you are a "beta" tester for Neptune so I don't expect you to agree.

Back