Neptune Apex ATK (Auto Topoff Kit)

Any non peristaltic pump will siphon if installed improperly. If one is not able to install correctly, then a peristaltic pump is the best option.

Any non peristaltic pump will siphon if installed improperly. If one is not able to install correctly, then a peristaltic pump is the best option.
Go look at a synergy sump setup with the matching ato reservoir. The 2 units connect via ro tubing attached to 2 90deg push connect elbows. The sump and res are tall enough that a siphon shouldn't happen.

Its ok if you discount my take because I'm a beta tester.

But I purchased the pmup BEFORE I became a beta tester and used it for a while.

I also run a Synergy sump. A CL44 with ATO reservoir. And I have no siphon issues.

Feel free to ask others. You run 2 different pumps and have a siphon. What is the common denominator? Switching to a peristaltic pump stopped the siphon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its ok if you discount my take because I'm a beta tester.

But I purchased the pmup BEFORE I became a beta tester and used it for a while.

I also run a Synergy sump. A CL44 with ATO reservoir. And I have no siphon issues.

Feel free to ask others. You run 2 different pumps and have a siphon. What is the common denominator? Switching to a peristaltic pump stopped the siphon.

Actually I changed the pump because I moved the location of my ato res across my garage to accommodate a bigger container and had to run the tubing across the ceiling.

But hey keep on making random assumptions about me. I'll just keep on returning the favor about you.

Lol. Ok. No assumptions made. All are facts you posted.

You said the pmup and that Tunze sucked because they cause a siphon in your Synergy sump. But you have no issue with a litermeter.

Now you say you changed pump because you had to move the ato reservoir. This was never mentioned.

But still doesn't change the fact that I have no siphon issues with my pmup, or my Tunze 3155 for that matter, in my Synergy Sump.

It funny how people react when their statements get challenged and holes poked in it.

Back to regular programming. Feel free to make a post about how the pmup and the Tunze ato pump suck because they cause a siphon in your sump. We can move the discussion there.

Lol. Ok. No assumptions made. All are facts you posted.

You said the pmup and that Tunze sucked because they cause a siphon in your Synergy sump. But you have no issue with a litermeter.

Now you say you changed pump because you had to move the ato reservoir. This was never mentioned.

But still doesn't change the fact that I have no siphon issues with my pmup, or my Tunze 3155 for that matter, in my Synergy Sump.

It funny how people react when their statements get challenged and holes poked in it.

Back to regular programming. Feel free to make a post about how the pmup and the Tunze ato pump suck because they cause a siphon in your sump. We can move the discussion there.

Yet I posted in the same post that the sicce syncra micro didn't have the same issue. Last I checked and I can go check again in a box but the syncra is the same type or pump as the pmup and tunze.

But hey if you want to concentrate on the single part of my entire statement that supports your cause more power to you.

I've always paid a bit more to get the Madison brand reed float switches. Haven't had one fail yet, but the current crop are only 4 years old.

Ah yes. Agree, these switches are great, keep the wires out of the water. I also have never had one fail. But, I'll only use them in places I'm comfortable drilling into, like a 5g bucket or something. Not my expensive acrylic sump.

And I also agree, the litermeter pumps are very well designed and are great for your long distance application. I just can't justify spending that kind of money though, hah.

Looking forward to it. Now they need to restock the 1" flow sensors. It seems to be out of stock everywhere.

I hear you. I was trying to find the same thing last week! (Still hunting)

So details are still sketchy since it hasn't been released, but is there any advantage of this over a Tunze osmolator?

Probably just the integration with apex and the algorithm programmed into it. Otherwise, the tunze would be just as good. I plan to purchase the flow meters so instead of Buying the fmk, I'll wait for the atk and purchase a single 1" flow meter. I also really like the moun for the optical eyes and float valve.

Any float switches with a breakout box will do the same job.

Apex integration and saving a power outlet if you have the EB832 are the two perks, aside from being able to run a flow meter or leak detection probe.

Last edited:
Back