New Ecotech Pumps

One thing I hate doing...is agreeing with Franky....

But here is my take on it, still in line with being the greatest pump out there, has a good settings, great power and for me, it's always been quiet.

From watching the video, I enjoy that the spacer has been redesigned, no more fumbling around with pins and pushing and bending them. Love that it snaps into place and you're done with it. Other items I can't comment on because I only saw one video, yes it appears to be quiet, and push more water, but what he was comparing was not apples to apples. A true test for to really sell us would be a brand new legacy pump vs the QD. In the video, the MP40 in comparison was covered in algae which will constrict flow on the intake side, limiting it's ability to push the maximum amount of water. Then you have the age of the pump (which is unknown) so there could be buildup of coraline on the blades, shaft and wetside magnet (which could be warped causing vibration noise). Too many variables like Ca10re said and unknowns.

Design...no impressed at all, basically someone in Ecotech R&D said, hey...how come the MP40 is different from the other two pumps...lets just take the 3D models of the MP60...scale it down and viola!!! New Pump design!!! I was hoping for something a little more low profile, blade redesign thats proven to push more water, maybe less cords....or, how about a driver that is wireless that controls the pumps. This way, you could buy one driver and all the pumps you need, would help keep costs down, instead of having a driver with each pump. We all know we have one master and the rest are slaves. I know that's a little far fetched but hey the drivers run about $100 bucks and if you're trying to market these to the masses, i think an extra $100 in peoples pockets would be nice if more than one unit was needed.

Ok...end of rant...carry on kids...

great points Mike. I do know Ecotech would not make a 40% more water movement claim unless it was true. This is why I did not care that the guy was testing against his algae ridden pump. More flow, and quieter has me sold period. Maybe I can switch from three 40s to just two now.

Although noise is measurable in decibels. If you can't hear crap to begin with its a non issue. I have a 3d front projector which is whisper quiet yet my uncle sits near it and says what's that fan sound. Lol. Again subjective regardless of rating or measurements

great points Mike. I do know Ecotech would not make a 40% more water movement claim unless it was true. This is why I did not care that the guy was testing against his algae ridden pump. More flow, and quieter has me sold period. Maybe I can switch from three 40s to just two now.

I agree with you Tweaked, I just wish they had better control of the beta tester posting a video, i'm sure others made the same observation.

I'm very excited about the new innovations, I would love to see a little more...in the end, more flow is all I needed to hear. I have two small ponies running around the house, it will never be dead silent in my house...plus I'm not light on my feet either.

Give me more power and more functionability and i'm a happy fat guy.

LMAO, two small ponies. Had visions of pony rides at Mike's drunk. :beer:

Lol, pony rides would be fun, not sure if they would enjoy that :)

Getting back to the pump though, speaking with my buddy Francisco...This kind of reminds me when they rolled out the new wireless pump...going from the blue driver to the white driver. Nothing about the overall configuration of the pump changed....The driver turned white and you got wireless communication between pumps (now that is a signifigant improvement)

In this new release they increased the power and added some sound dampening material to the motor housing, I would have loved to see some configuration changes to the pump or the driver such as:

Pump:

-Lower Profile for both wet/dry sides
-Larger diameter to increase flow range (broader)

Driver:

-New button layout (just something different)
-Easier master slave communication, kinda like pairing an Xbox/Wii controller vs going through a silly series of simon says color combos)
-LED display to let you know what power setting you're on
-Smaller Driver all-together, kinda bulky
-One driver to control multiple pumps (save on purchases of additional pumps)

Bottom line for me is that my MP60 is noisy as hell. You can hear it ramping up and down from upstairs in my house. My pair of MP40 are not nearly so problematic because I run them at a lower speed. If the new driver does indeed cut the noise level down by 90%, is in the same $160 ballpark as the current driver, AND it becomes compatible with my Apex - then I'll bite.

Lol, pony rides would be fun, not sure if they would enjoy that :)

Getting back to the pump though, speaking with my buddy Francisco...This kind of reminds me when they rolled out the new wireless pump...going from the blue driver to the white driver. Nothing about the overall configuration of the pump changed....The driver turned white and you got wireless communication between pumps (now that is a signifigant improvement)

In this new release they increased the power and added some sound dampening material to the motor housing, I would have loved to see some configuration changes to the pump or the driver such as:

Pump:

-Lower Profile for both wet/dry sides
-Larger diameter to increase flow range (broader)

Driver:

-New button layout (just something different)
-Easier master slave communication, kinda like pairing an Xbox/Wii controller vs going through a silly series of simon says color combos)
-LED display to let you know what power setting you're on
-Smaller Driver all-together, kinda bulky
-One driver to control multiple pumps (save on purchases of additional pumps)

Right on brother

Hopefully it's more quiet.

Would rather defeat the whole notion if 'quiet drive' if It weren't :). No, I think there's little question it will be quieter. Whether quiet enough will be in the ear of the beholder.

I think its gonnabe quieter Cuz it's going to reduce the power going to it. So 100% wil no longer be 100%. Maybe more like 88% yet your lights go display 100% power and the end user would go man that is quieter lol. Sounds like trickery to me

Curious in how an upgraded driver (software) will make the dry side (hardware) quieter.

I am not an engineer, but I did stay a Holiday Inn Express last night .....

According to those more informed than I, the way in which any motor is operated can be significantly affected by the way the control signals are sent. Smoother ramping signals apparently CAN make a big difference. But, we'll find out in due course. I've preordered the MP60 QD driver and will report my findings (and I'm a card carrying skeptic - I don't believe ANYTHING unless I see it, hear it, or hold it for myself).

Sounds like trickery to me

Damn, that makes you a card carrying cynic! Skeptics don't believe anything because they think people are gullible; cynics don't believe anything because they think people are dishonest. Hmmmn ....maybe I am a cynic after all .....:sad2:

Damn, that makes you a card carrying cynic! Skeptics don't believe anything because they think people are gullible; cynics don't believe anything because they think people are dishonest. Hmmmn ....maybe I am a cynic after all .....:sad2:

Lol I believe you not to be gullible so therefore you fall into the cynic category. Lol. Where did you order from. I may try an upgrade for one of my mp-10's

Back