New Ecotech Pumps

Rather than leaping to premature conclusions, perhaps it would be good to wait and see what they have actually done :) At that point we can blow them a collective raspberry if warranted.

agreed :lmao:

as of right now we are all just speculating. the "leaked" images may even be a marketing ploy while the real new pump is waiting to be revealed. really can't jump to any conclusions until they release some hard info. if you go by their facebook, they stated they have "a policy of not commenting on products which may or may not be currently in production."

and let's be honest, you think they're going to let product beta testers leak a bunch of stuff on the forums? my guess is a marketing gimmick.

Rather than leaping to premature conclusions, perhaps it would be good to wait and see what they have actually done :) At that point we can blow them a collective raspberry if warranted.

Agreed, there's no way that's the newest latest product. Hell I can paint my box black and post just scored that new pump. Lol

From what I've read the technology driving the pump is what has changed not the pump itself. I guess it's kind of like someone being impress with the car vs someone being impressed with what's under the hood.

Agreed, there's no way that's the newest latest product. Hell I can paint my box black and post just scored that new pump. Lol

Part of me actually hopes it is just a new paint job - then I won't be tempted ....

Apparently there was an 'official' press release on 'insert other site name here', but that was subsequently retracted as having been posted prematurely. Speculation is that the drive is entirely new, with no moving parts and thus no noise. Whether that is compelling, or even accurate, is in the 'ear of the beholder' I suppose (sorry, couldn't resist).

From what I've read the technology driving the pump is what has changed not the pump itself. I guess it's kind of like someone being impress with the car vs someone being impressed with what's under the hood.

True the major overhaul takes place in the engine. But they also provide minor cosmetic upgrades to the exterior to seperate them from model years. Otherwise every car would look like it was made in 1950 exterior wise. Yet have AWD abs and a turbo charger lol

Looks like they went with the mp10/mp/60 wetside design. Probably using the ceramic shaft that is one piece with the face plate.
One thing they should redesign is those stupid rubber buttons. You have to depress the dang thing at certain spots or angle, it should be a lot nicer then the way it is.

Looks like they went with the mp10/mp/60 wetside design. Probably using the ceramic shaft that is one piece with the face plate.
One thing they should redesign is those stupid rubber buttons. You have to depress the dang thing at certain spots or angle, it should be a lot nicer then the way it is.

I agree with you Warren, they need to redesign the buttons. When I had mine, there was a few times when I felt like I wasn't pressing anything.

I agree with you Warren, they need to redesign the buttons. When I had mine, there was a few times when I felt like I wasn't pressing anything.

one of my mp10s has a broken button so I have to take the little rubber cover off if I want to change the flow setting or put it in nighttime or feed modes. it's a terrible design. and you can't get a replacement controller box, you have to spend the $$ and get a whole new driver.. :rolleye1:

I really hope they use better ceramic I have 5 mp10 wet sides that the ceramic cracked at the base and or is missing peices of ceramic on the shafts I clean mine on the regular and happened to notice a rust line or a bunch of rust on the magnet and now I have that many useless parts now the mp40 I've never had a problem

Yep, legacy mp40 shafts never break and the ceramic bearing last almost forever.
I hope that I am wrong about what looks like the replacement wetside, if not then you essentially need to buy the whole face plate with the shaft permanently adhered.

Lmao Ron watch out warren wants to permanently adhere his shaft onto your wet side and call him self a legacy Run!!!!!!!!!!

MP40 seems significantly improved, driver, wet side and dry side. Looks a lot more like the MP10/60 in terms of design. New stuff is backward compatible with the older pumps, for the most part, depending upon what benefits one wishes. Improvements to the MP10 and MP60 are somewhat more modest, and just in the driver. Apparently it is the driver that is the source of the noise reductions, so I'll need to hear that one for myself. New driver is not (yet?) Apex WXM compatible so that's an issue for me.

Looks sweet. Not much more you can do to make it smaller, the thing is already the size of any tunze,koralia, etc except they have the benefit of it running outside the tank. I'm all for more quiet, powerful, and energy efficient. I feel like if it has a touchscreen it'd be prone to breaking and probably cost quite a bit more. I'll probably be upgrading mine.

Does not look sweet looks the same Quiet is subjective some people are more deaf than others while others have insane hearing and the smallest sound drives them insane. I would upgrade regardless of my rant but wouldn't necesarily buy a new one but then again if the wet side is new and the dry side is new and the box is new. I don't see how you can simply upgrade one component of it. Oh well maybe next time or when they upgrade the mp10 they can toy with the idea of a new box

They were so innovative with the original pump no one, not even them have been able to make something significantly better. It's still the best pump out there, and the price is reasonable. I'm not sure you'll ever be happy with a pump because I'm not sure we will ever see something smaller lol remember, there's a motor in that outer part. Quiet isn't really subjective either, noise is measurable.

One thing I hate doing...is agreeing with Franky....

But here is my take on it, still in line with being the greatest pump out there, has a good settings, great power and for me, it's always been quiet.

From watching the video, I enjoy that the spacer has been redesigned, no more fumbling around with pins and pushing and bending them. Love that it snaps into place and you're done with it. Other items I can't comment on because I only saw one video, yes it appears to be quiet, and push more water, but what he was comparing was not apples to apples. A true test for to really sell us would be a brand new legacy pump vs the QD. In the video, the MP40 in comparison was covered in algae which will constrict flow on the intake side, limiting it's ability to push the maximum amount of water. Then you have the age of the pump (which is unknown) so there could be buildup of coraline on the blades, shaft and wetside magnet (which could be warped causing vibration noise). Too many variables like Ca10re said and unknowns.

Design...no impressed at all, basically someone in Ecotech R&D said, hey...how come the MP40 is different from the other two pumps...lets just take the 3D models of the MP60...scale it down and viola!!! New Pump design!!! I was hoping for something a little more low profile, blade redesign thats proven to push more water, maybe less cords....or, how about a driver that is wireless that controls the pumps. This way, you could buy one driver and all the pumps you need, would help keep costs down, instead of having a driver with each pump. We all know we have one master and the rest are slaves. I know that's a little far fetched but hey the drivers run about $100 bucks and if you're trying to market these to the masses, i think an extra $100 in peoples pockets would be nice if more than one unit was needed.

Ok...end of rant...carry on kids...

they were so innovative with the original pump no one, not even them have been able to make something significantly better. It's still the best pump out there, and the price is reasonable. I'm not sure you'll ever be happy with a pump because i'm not sure we will ever see something smaller lol remember, there's a motor in that outer part. Quiet isn't really subjective either, noise is measurable.

+1

looks sweet. Not much more you can do to make it smaller, the thing is already the size of any tunze,koralia, etc except they have the benefit of it running outside the tank. I'm all for more quiet, powerful, and energy efficient. I feel like if it has a touchscreen it'd be prone to breaking and probably cost quite a bit more. I'll probably be upgrading mine.

+100

Back