New fish store in Okinawa....?

Talked to the owner for a bit today, he WILL have marine fish, but will have freshwater fish and some reptiles as well. He said he'd be getting most of his fish from mainland so I'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing. He's got ton's of tanks, and a pretty big one as well, maybe his showcase diplay or something.

He'll be open for business on the 15th of this month. Maybe we should make it a trip..? anyone up for it....?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8656054#post8656054 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by teto_78
Talked to the owner for a bit today, he WILL have marine fish, but will have freshwater fish and some reptiles as well. He said he'd be getting most of his fish from mainland so I'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing. He's got ton's of tanks, and a pretty big one as well, maybe his showcase diplay or something.

He'll be open for business on the 15th of this month. Maybe we should make it a trip..? anyone up for it....?

Dam, thats sweet!

Trip for sure. :rollface:

Friday I believe, I might stop by at around noonish, I already seen the tanks he's got up in there the other day too...

I drove by at the beg of the week, he had many tanks in there. Im in desperate need of a new coral. I will go in there this weekend, excited!

Talk about bringing back memories...I was stationed at Kadena from 79 to 81. Picked up my scuba license there too.

Wow...talk about feeling old

Lindsay and I stopped into this place today, they had a small saltwater section, but no coral yet. He said it hasnt come in yet. A large shippment was on the way though....I will go back in there next weekend maybe. They had a really interesting tank system for sale. It was a 30g (maybe) with a built in ~1.5" overflow, and a japaneese style sump, along with a stand....a bit pricey, 50,000y though, add lights and your set.

After that we went on down to the fish lady, the papa-san said "everything is on sale" 6,000y later, I brought home 2 sexy shrimp, a huge hammer coral, a sun coral and 2 feather dusters and 15g of water. He has a ton of coral in there, and his next shippment isn't until after the new year he said. The place was packed this afternoon. Never seen so many people in the place!

Back