New ORA Valida tricolor frag--looks OK?

Being fairly new to SPS, I'm wondering if this seems to look OK as far as polyp extension: (it sure is purdy!) Been in my tank for 3 days now:

66420valida1-med.jpg

66420valida_2.jpg

Very nice. I've never seen a ORA Valida tricolor frag like that. Is that a new release or new as in you just got it?

Not sure about the lineage, except that it is an "ORA tricolor" (thanks Curtis!). I'm pretty sure it's an Acropora Valida....correct me if I'm wrong.

A beautiful coral, but regarding your question the polyp extension does seem a little weak in the picture in general. Not sure if that coral is different than most acroporas that I've seen, but I'd expect a bit more pronounced polyp extension.

Ya, I wouldn't say its a tricolor. Whatever it is I wouldn't mind getting one. Looks like its just getting comfortable and should put out it polyps in a few days. My bottlebrush was the same way after I got it.

Beautiful coral, I agree though, could use a little more PE. I would give it a few days.

What are the conditions in you're tank like? How do you're other corals look?

well, it looks great IMO. it has similar polyp extension to what the original has. i never really saw much more. if it helps any here is a pic of mine...i am the one who gave him the coral, and a pic of it when i first got it.

frags102208005.jpg

CORALS008.jpg

LOOKS GREAT KEVIN

i hope that is a blue bottlebrush.... i picked one up some time ago from a frind of mine.. i will have to say the polyp extension does look small but it looks healthy. what kind of lights and what kind of flow do you have it in?

In my 75 gal tank, I have two 175 watt Iwasaki 15k's, and two 110 watt VHO actinics. I use two koralia 4's , on the Koralia wave maker.

Amazing color change, Downhill. I sure hope mine stays that way.

In my tank it is under 2x250w phoenix 14k powered by galaxy ballast, no actinics.

Well sorry about selling you a coral that wasn't what I said it was. I guess I just bought it from Waves and took his word on what it was. I hope you dont feel like I ripped you off because it isn't what I said.

"Well sorry about selling you a coral that wasn't what I said it was. I guess I just bought it from Waves and took his word on what it was. I hope you dont feel like I ripped you off because it isn't what I said."

LOL, you're a funny guy. By all means, please do rip me off like this in the future. Who cares what they're called if they look as good as this. :lmao:

Back