New Ricordia not sure if its doin ok...

mdcoblentz

Premium Member
Hello all,
I just bot a beautiful tri color ricordia from the fish store and it is my first mushroom. When I bought it it came out of a little nano cube they had sitting on their shelf so the lighting wasn't very intense in there. I brought it to my tank where I have 2 250w 10k MHs and I have it at the bottom of my 72 gallon tank on top of a rock in the direct light. I've had it for 3 days and it is starting to curl a bit around the edges. is this normal? Is it in too direct light? The colors of it are still great but the edges of it are starting to go up and down like. I don't have a camera and the piece is only the size of a dime. thought maybe one of you guys could help. I may be worrying about nothing but it would be nice to get some reassurance. Thanks.

Micah

no experience yet of keeping them myself, but from what i have heard they dont like alot of light. especially when going from pc's to mh's. find a more shaded place in your tank and see if that helps.

You want to be very careful to acclimate it to intense light. Is it bleaching yet? You should move it low and in indirect light in the tank to start.

Back