New store in the area (kind of) In Living Color

"THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION OTHERS MAY FEEL DIFFERENTLY "
Went there this morning they must have gotten stripped yesterday , there wasn't much there , yes they do have ALOT of tanks with coral but selection was the same as any other store
The display tank is beautiful but it was empty of all real nice sps. The tanks are hard to view top too high bottom too low .
I was shocked to see the problems with their fish they had an angel for sale for $1000.00 and it was sitting on the bottom of the tank dead ! ?I think the reason it was still there was because
you cant see the bottom of the top tanks they are almost 7` off the floor . seen a lot of fish with ick , and possible other problems that I cant id .
SerranidTerror
it is on RT 70 you will see a McDonalds, then right after the car dealer "Hyundai" I think. is a small 4-5 shop strip. The sign is very un clear

thanks for the honest opinion crash - that's good to know. I read in other threads that they were cleaned out of their "best" pieces before noon - and had also read about the fish issues elsewhere too - so you're not alone in your observations.

I think I'm going to give them a little time to get settled and work out the kinks, then hopefully they'll have some good discounts when they have their grand opening sale :thumbsup:

Not suprising they would get cleaned out. During my attempt to find the place I saw an aquarium maintenace van driving down the road (thats how I knew I was close!). Them guys can sometimes buy quite a bit, I know thats why Billy down at Greenbank doesn't have oodles of fish, cuz some guys come and clean him out before they even get put in his system. And MadMax when were you planning on your field trip btw?

I too had seen the angel that was spoken of and had asked about it and was told that it was off the system and they were trying to bring it back because it had just come in that morning and was alot of money. There were several tanks that were off the system as the fish were being treated. Are you people hobbyists that know anything about bringing in fish? They are never 100%. and as far as the coral secection, especially the SPS you should have gotten there when they first opened like all of the intelligent people had. There were aquacultured pieces that I normally only see on the net as well as wild heads with great colors. Not to mention that CITES permits are slim to none. A good friend of mine put that place together because he believed that hobbyists need a place where they could come and meet one another and possibly find pieces that you cannot find else where except the net and negative people like you who obviously do not know the full spectrum have to give your two cents. keep your change!!!!!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6806087#post6806087 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefgod
I too had seen the angel that was spoken of and had asked about it and was told that it was off the system and they were trying to bring it back because it had just come in that morning and was alot of money. There were several tanks that were off the system as the fish were being treated. Are you people hobbyists that know anything about bringing in fish? They are never 100%. and as far as the coral secection, especially the SPS you should have gotten there when they first opened like all of the intelligent people had. There were aquacultured pieces that I normally only see on the net as well as wild heads with great colors. Not to mention that CITES permits are slim to none. A good friend of mine put that place together because he believed that hobbyists need a place where they could come and meet one another and possibly find pieces that you cannot find else where except the net and negative people like you who obviously do not know the full spectrum have to give your two cents. keep your change!!!!!!!

i think you have the wrong thread!! everyone here seems to be excited about a new LFS, understands that there are kinks in the beginning and are looking forward to going there in the future

Reefgod:
Registered Member

"I too had seen the angel that was spoken of and had asked about it and was told that it was off the system and they were trying to bring it back because it had just come in that morning and was a lot of money."

Don't you think that fish "The angel " should have been removed from that system and Quarantined Im sure it wasn't good for the other fish .
I wasn't trying to give negative feed back but Positive criticism
Greg A

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6805539#post6805539 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SerranidTerror
And MadMax when were you planning on your field trip btw?

LOL - I'd love to go now, but I think I'll wait until I get back from my week in PR - more cash, more time - I'm aiming for a trip up there to see what they have in two weekends - March 4, and then another trip for the grand opening, march 18th (if the sale makes it worth it to go)

FWIW, our club (SV-SEA) is planning on going there in March...I think the 18th. Perhaps we can get a big group going and maybe even get in a little early ;)

lol - it's coming up quickly isn't it - Who's in?

Bill, if you guys are still planning on going, wanna throw out a time? I'm up for getting there at opening - or maybe a 1/2-hour ahead of time to get past the line.....

Did I miss something? i thought it opened last month? or is this the ceremonial, everything is complete type opening.? havent been there yet. but still might wait. just for a looky-loo.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6960697#post6960697 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kaptken
or is this the ceremonial, everything is complete type opening.?

OK, guess these guys are really having an issue getting on their feet - I just called and was told that there is no sale on Saturday, and they don't have a date for the "official" grand opening yet.... :rolleyes:

Back