New Wireless pumps from Jebao RW-8 & RW-15

james30ct, that's a bummer, they look like decent pumps. what broke on them? What did you replace them with? I have a couple older large tunze pumps that I'm looking to replace.

Not sure I even found a thread on fixing them with flex tube instead of the ceramic bearings and it only worked for a day. I'm going with mp40s this time.

I have a 180 mixed reef and have been running one RW-15 for about eight months now set on 10. I am thinking of adding another on the far side. The wave I get now is fine. I can't make it any higher or it will overflow the sides. Will adding another give me just more water movement or a higher wave? Would I need to turn it down if I had two. I also have my Mag 9.5 return pump, a Tunze moving 1700GPH along the surface and a Koralia moving 1500GPH behind the rock wall.

The rw20 is to much in my tank, it's turned all the way down and is bearable on a long pulse that's about it. I'm going to return it and order a couple rw15's and I think they will be fine. Starting with 2 and will see how it is after that.

2x rw15's is pretty good on my 220. As corals grow in I'll need to add a third I guess. Depending on the flow you want I'd go with 1-2 rw15's. For Reef tank two of them. The rw20 was to much.

I am actually enjoying running 4 pumps on my 180 display(sps heavy). 2 rw8 on the back, 1 rw20 on the left and 1 rw15 on the right..

The key for mine is the jbwave controller on the two side pumps.. With that, the level of control is much higher(like night and day) than the stock controller.. I run them on else at 95% on the 15, and 57% on the 20(I think those are the percents I exactly set and settled on the last time I was playing around with them) .. The two back pumps are running wave 1 on the 7th speed with the stock controllers(these will be replaced with jbwaves eventually also)..

I'm running 2x RW-8 in my 125. I really think it's too much. The pumps themselves are great, but some of my corals look like they're in a hurricane.

I've been running them in Else mode at like 20% (Two green dots).

They are mounted on the sides of my 6' tank facing each other and as high as they can be without creating a vortex from the suction.

There must be something in their manufacturing process that changes drastically to get so many different results from the same pumps. Reading here that people have multiple 15s in tanks the same size and it's not enough vs what I have.

I may change them out to RW-4s to have more controllability.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JAKSnEAS-fY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S-D7LMzb8SU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm running 2x RW-8 in my 125. I really think it's too much. The pumps themselves are great, but some of my corals look like they're in a hurricane.

They are mounted on the sides of my 6' tank facing each other and as high as they can be without creating a vortex from the suction.

There must be something in their manufacturing process that changes drastically to get so many different results from the same pumps. Reading here that people have multiple 15s in tanks the same size and it's not enough vs what I have.

FYI...It doesn't appear that the power settings are in effect for the Else mode (at least for my two RW8's) It will use anything up to 100% from what I can tell.

FYI...It doesn't appear that the power settings are in effect for the Else mode (at least for my two RW8's) It will use anything up to 100% from what I can tell.

Huh, maybe I'll try a different mode then. I thought the max would be limited by the speed setting.

I'll update after I give it a shot.

That worked perfectly. Now my little clowns don't look like they are about to be sucked into a grinder!

Have both RW-8s running about 40-50% in alternating mode about 5 seconds at a time. Perfect amount. :dance:

So, Public service announcement: Else mode does not take into consideration the manual speed setting. It will use up to 100% regardless.

That worked perfectly. Now my little clowns don't look like they are about to be sucked into a grinder!

Have both RW-8s running about 40-50% in alternating mode about 5 seconds at a time. Perfect amount. :dance:

So, Public service announcement: Else mode does not take into consideration the manual speed setting. It will use up to 100% regardless.

My biggest quirk about the Jebaos. W2 is a good alternate mode once you find the sweet spot

I run 2 RW-15's in my 125 with no problems. Then again, my tank is mostly colored sticks. The fish handle it just fine, as do my nems and frogspawn. I ran 2 RW-4's in my old 29gal. I can't imagine them doing much in a 125gal.

Hmmnn interesting and explains a few things.. I knew they didn't go all the way down with the stock controller, but I didn't realize they went all the way up also.. Hmmnn.. Nice catch and find..

Hmmnn interesting and explains a few things.. I knew they didn't go all the way down with the stock controller, but I didn't realize they went all the way up also.. Hmmnn.. Nice catch and find..

I can't take credit for that one, Shaummy gets all the cred for that finding.

Definitely improved my happiness with these pumps!!

I have 21 gallon deep blue cube 20x20x12 I was wondering if I put 1 rw-4 would be good or too much. I am starting this tank and keeping lps and sps frags.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I had wp 40 i think,,its size of a softball, in my 120 it would rock water out of the tank so it had plenty of power, It ran great for about two years solid then I unplugged it cleaned it all up and it doesn't work anymore lol ...So I need to get a new one,,,but Now I see they have different models RW is one more reliable or better than the WP or ? Im thinking maybe getting two smaller ones.
Any advice or warnings apprciated
thanks

the RW series has a wider flow pattern. I like them much better the the WP series. I have a 6ft 125 and I bought 2 RW20s and it was WAY to much flow. I have some RW8s from my previous setup and they worked just fine. I think jebao sand bags a bit when the rate their pumps.

the RW series has a wider flow pattern. I like them much better the the WP series. I have a 6ft 125 and I bought 2 RW20s and it was WAY to much flow. I have some RW8s from my previous setup and they worked just fine. I think jebao sand bags a bit when the rate their pumps.

I'd split the difference at 2 RW-15's. I've got that setup, and I definitely wouldn't go lower, but my tank is bare bottom and SPS dominant.

What about a6x3 300dd? Planning 2 gyre 150 along back pushing to front. Figure i want a conventional pro or two on lower back corner for dead zone

Back