New Wireless pumps from Jebao RW-8 & RW-15

Going to be setting up a 4x2x2 pennisula. I want 2 pumps on the overflow side so i can have 3 clear sides for viewing.

I already have a RW-15 but its way to strong in my 48' 55 gal right now.

Do you think i would be okay with a a 15 and then an 8 in my 120 4x2x2 or try to sell the 15 and get 2 8's.

I am running with a DSB. Some parts are zero sand and most of it is about 8 inches, but I have a drop off on one side. After the powerheads move the sand where they want it, there isn't much blowing around of sand.

I have a 90 gallon tank and wondering how Many pumps do I need? Can I get away with one rw-8? I have 2 Oralia 1400 evolution on a wavemaker timer. Let me know your thoughts and pump placement.

I have a 90 gallon tank and wondering how Many pumps do I need? Can I get away with one rw-8? I have 2 Oralia 1400 evolution on a wavemaker timer. Let me know your thoughts and pump placement.

I have 2 RW-8's in my 90 and I placed them at each end of the tank. I also have a Koralia that shoot's down the back side of my rock formation and the back glass to keep anything from getting trapped back there.

Thank you. What I am thinking is to put the jebao on one side then one loyalists in middle and one on opposite side and let them ultranationalist every 60 sec

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
So I just received the pump. Need help here to see if I need to return to Amazon. Here is the issue. All looked good when inspecting I pulled magnet apart and a white piece of ring was sandwiched in between that was loose I attached pictures. Also one of magnet base looks like it has glue or something on it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Just got a set as well and the ring was not attached. I think it's just a spacer. Don't know if it's use is mandatory.

My two just showed up. The spacer is so that it isn't a total pain in the a** to pull the magnets apart.

That being said, I've put 2 RW-8s in my 6' 125gal. I placed them on the side almost against the back facing the front and center of the tank, about halfway in the depth of the tank.

I've got them both at about 40%. These things move some water! I am very glad I didn't buy the RW-15s instead. From where they are sitting at there is room to grow still. I'm going to do the ghetto tube bushing upgrade and call it good. I'm glad I bought them, but of course, time will tell.

I've got a tall corner tank. Each 'leg' of the 'pie wedge' is 24". Tank is 30" tall.
I'm assuming 2 of the RW-4 would cover it? Would the RW-8s be too much?

Any recommendations for pumps on a 220 gal mostly sps tank? Thinking about eventually hooking up to an apex also.

Was thinking start with 2 RW20's or maybe 2-3 RW15's?

Also how does everyone like the apex controller for these? With that controller can you run 2 pumps anywhere from 10% to 100%? If you have 3+ pumps do you just need a second jebao apex adapter?

I wouldnt waste your money on these IMO. I had 2 wp40s and aa wp10 die just after warranty ran out so I tried 2 rw 15's instead. Big surprise same result. Done wasting my money.

james30ct, that's a bummer, they look like decent pumps. what broke on them? What did you replace them with? I have a couple older large tunze pumps that I'm looking to replace.

I currently own (4) RW-15 (4) WP-25 and (1) WP-10. The 15s are about year old the 25s at least 2 years old and only issue I had was one power supply burn up on a 15 which I believe got wet. For the price these pumps can't be beat even if I have one or two fail every now and than it still would be worth it. Just keep them clean and you shouldn't have an issue with them.

Back