New Wireless pumps from Jebao RW-8 & RW-15

Looking to purchase either an RW-15 or two RW-8, but I'm not sure.

Tank is 125 gallon 18x72x23

Seems to me from what I read is the rw-15 should be enough on it's own, but I haven't found posts of it being used on a 6' tank.

Any advice is helpful!!

Can someone with a early gen RW-8 take a picture of their magnet & rubber assembly? I purchased a "new" RW-8 from a seller which came in used. Honestly if its a few days old, no biggie, but if its a gen 1 I'm going to return and dispute for my money back. I know my current RW-8 is the latest gen where the rubber assembly covers the whole magnet vs this one which covers only half.

Every jebao pump i have ever seen had the rubber cover the whole magnet. Not surround it but where the magnet's meet.

If that made sence.

Can you take a pic of the diffrent ones?

90g 48x18x25

Two rw-4's or rw-8's? First tank so I'm not sure what it will eventually have in it so I would rather have more flow than less... but not too much flow.

Last edited:
90g 48x18x25

Two rw-4's or rw-8's? First tank so I'm not sure what it will eventually have in it so I would rather have more flow than less... but not too much flow.

Go with the rw-8's. I started with the rw-4's on my 75 and ended up upgrading to the 8's.

Every jebao pump i have ever seen had the rubber cover the whole magnet. Not surround it but where the magnet's meet.

If that made sence.

Can you take a pic of the diffrent ones?

s-l400.jpg

Except the center is black instead of white. Guess he did send me the latest gens?

I have a 220 gal 6 ft tank. Just Ordered 4 of the RW-15s. SPS mostly, some LPS. Ive always had 3 wp-40s (2 on wavemaker and one single) but 2 of them went out. Im guessing 4 rw-15s on the wave will be too much but how effective are they dialed down?

I have a 220 gal 6 ft tank. Just Ordered 4 of the RW-15s. SPS mostly, some LPS. Ive always had 3 wp-40s (2 on wavemaker and one single) but 2 of them went out. Im guessing 4 rw-15s on the wave will be too much but how effective are they dialed down?

For a 220 I would get 2 RW-15s.
If you've never owned Jebao pumps you will be surprised by the power

I have a 180 sps system (except 5 out of 75 species). 72x24x24..

I actually run a rw20(45% max flow) and rw15(75% max flow) opposing each other with a jb wave in random(else type, but it runs through modes every hour), and two rw8 pumps on the back wall. The two rw8 are running in w1 at speeds 5 out of 8 on the stock controller.

This setup gives an extremely random flow, and the back pumps break up the flow from the two larger pumps enough to not cause and storms.. I actually was able to turn all the pumps up decently, after adding the two back rw pumps

Back