Next LIRA meeting

Hi all. I'm new to this site. I have been using Saltwaterfish.com til now. Great to see Long Island has a Reef Club. Can someone send me info to join?

Man I miss Kings Park, Spent a lot of pay drinking in those "Townie" joints. Made a lot of 1/4 mile illegal street race passes on Indian Head Rd, North of the water tower:D Come to think we also used to race on Vets Highway. heading east starting at the post office. Boy it's a wonder I'm still alive!!

Nope, actually turned that activity into a successful Drag Race Chassis building business from 1980-2001. But that was another life. Now I'm here in sunny Tampa with a hugely successful aquarium maintenance , sales, and service bizz. No stress and lots of great people to see from day to day. As for the street racing...There are plans for a Blown ProMod style, Carbon fiber bodied 57 Chevy in the works, And yes it will have plates and mufflers :D

can someone post directions from the LIE/northern parkway?

all i know is if i take np i have to go to sunken meadow north but nothing from there..

just a question..non members 5$ fee to attend? dont want to come and not be welcomed =( or can we pay for membership fee 25$ there?

mk,

take exit 45 off the northern state parkway. thats the sunken meadow exit. take sunken meadow down to the second to last exit before the park. it will say kings park pulaski rd. take pualaski rd down about two miles and make a right at the third traffic light. that will be main street. go down main street about 2-3 miles you will pass the post office on your left and right after that the kings park high school will be on your right.

if you miss the first entrance into the school you can make the right at the light ( lawrence rd) there is additional parking in the back of the school.

ray ar you bringing any softies or frags.....if so id be interested in a few.... also if anyone has any "bugs" or snails =)

Hey guys Jose and I had a nice time at your meeting. Thanks for having us. Well run, organized and some good laughs. We plan to join the club at the next meeting.

Harry

sorry mike,

hows the tank going. saw you at the meeting, i have just been out of it as of late. to much going on.

ray

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7223989#post7223989 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DrHarryLopez
Hey guys Jose and I had a nice time at your meeting. Thanks for having us. Well run, organized and some good laughs. We plan to join the club at the next meeting.

Harry

Glad to hear that, Harry. I was just saying last month that we needed a Podiatrist in our ranks! :D
In all honesty, I saw a lot of new faces last night. Had I met the people behind all of them, I would forget everyone's name. I'm the type that needs to meet new people slowly. I'll catch up with all the new members in a month or two.

Back