Nice Mag off LA

Been having all sorts of issues with photobucket recently. Here's a photo .... attempt to upload a video exceeded my, admittedly, limited patience. Patience may be a virtue, it just isn't one of mine.

Anyhow, still looking like a winner.

Embarrassed to say that a day after this picture, nem tried to take a ride through my vortech. Caught it in time, mostly, so put it though a second round of cipro just in case. It is now back in the display, and looking fine. Just goes to show that once acclimated, these things really are quite tough. I now have my DiY powerhead guards in place.

Is it a purple base with green tentacles and disc? I've seen several of these in the past month, QM got a large order of them in from Sri Lanka in December and it seems like they're making their way around. So far I've had good luck with mine and it is coloring up very nicely.

Embarrassed to say that a day after this picture, nem tried to take a ride through my vortech. Caught it in time, mostly, so put it though a second round of cipro just in case. It is now back in the display, and looking fine. Just goes to show that once acclimated, these things really are quite tough. I now have my DiY powerhead guards in place.

Yeah a few of us preach about the guards. Some people are like.. It wont happen to me... But when you have to take apart a vortec and cut tissue off of it then you realize that things come back to bite you sometimes.

Did it just release and float or did it move to where the power head is?

Release and float .....

Have been keeping mags for almost 20 years, and never had one do this. Now twice in one month. Two of my three vortechs are guarded by SPS growth, but the third is open to all visitors. It's now 'guarded'.

Is it a purple base with green tentacles and disc? I've seen several of these in the past month, QM got a large order of them in from Sri Lanka in December and it seems like they're making their way around. So far I've had good luck with mine and it is coloring up very nicely.

Yes, this one is from that QM shipment. Buddy of mine got one too and his is doing well also. Seems like it was a good batch; hardy and quite colorful.

Back