Nook's Reef!!

2nd try

Hey Nanook !!

WOW man amazing, spectacular, fantastic, beautiful, outstanding. I love the black sand. Very cool. Probably won't attract algae, and colors will look better against it too.
Absolutely great vision and work! How much are tickets to get in and see it, or will Scotch do it? It is the full monty.
:)
birdfish
cosmic debris

Thanks for the compliments, Mitch:) Scotch always works for me!!!

I need to order a box of corals from you in the near future! I have been waiting for my stimulus package which should be here in July.

Mitch at www.livestockusa.org has been trying to give me some rock for some time but I have been too stubborn to take it. Since Tonga is being shut down he wanted to make sure I got some rock on his dime. As you guys know, a lot of my rock I got on that first 600lbs was kind of boulder-ish, but the life has been very good.

He sent me a box of Tonga Fusion rock a few months back and now here is 154 pounds of Tonga Eva and Vavau rock that he just sent me today. Mitch felt really bad that the rock that was shipped to me the first time was not what his guy had set aside. Apparently someone pulled a fast one and I got rocks that were pretty round. Anyway, he more than made up for it with this latest shipment. Here are some pictures of rock he sent me:

DSCN2517.jpg~original

DSCN2518.jpg~original

DSCN2519.jpg~original

DSCN2520.jpg~original

DSCN2521.jpg~original

DSCN2522.jpg~original

DSCN2523.jpg~original

DSCN2524.jpg~original

DSCN2525.jpg~original

DSCN2526.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome looking!
Though I don't come over for hand-size awesome shaped rocks. I only come over for 30lbs man shaped rocks with especially sharp edges! :)

In the 9th pic of the first set , lower left corner.

That's not your nose is it?

.... very nice rock! :)

Just stumbled across this thead... really wonderful setup. I've been dreaming up something similar for myself, but need to build a new house to accommodate. It's fine to build a house around an aquarium, right?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13091276#post13091276 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bax
In the 9th pic of the first set , lower left corner.

That's not your nose is it?

.... very nice rock! :)

I had a very hard time keeping this ones nose outta the rock:

2963DSCN2051-med.JPG

Man the house smells bad today:eek1: :eek2:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13091865#post13091865 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nanook
Man the house smells bad today:eek1: :eek2:

I do not miss those days.

I put all 166lbs of liverock in the cube tank...you can see the difference as it is stark white from no light for the last three weeks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14084098#post14084098 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nanook
:) I will be taking a few pics one of these days soon.

Its soon you deadbeat !!!!!!:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14112322#post14112322 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fade
Its soon you deadbeat !!!!!!:D

No need to rush these things:D Besides, I am awful with the camera.

I put all new VHO super actinics over both tanks and four 400 watt Radiums over the cube tank....looks pretty blue:D

Back