Nook's Reef!!

IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_0060_2_-1.jpg

Nick

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14863296#post14863296 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dcook
any updates

Tanks turned one year old about two weeks ago. To date, I have had about 12 Rose Anemone splits, have fragged frags for friends several times and have sold a few pieces of Xenia here and there and flushed many as well;) My acros are doing well, all the clams I bought from ClamsDirect died and my two carpet anemone's I bought died.

I have learned a lot over the last year with this 1000g system. I am dosing vodka and still not at the magic number yet at 44cc/day. I am fighting aiptasia in both tanks. I have had a few alk swings that cost me a lot of money in frags a while back as well.

I have friends come over and take pics pretty often....I can see if I can dig some up from the last visit. I am about to put a 145g tank as a fuge/growout tank in the equipment room as well. Thanks for asking.

Very impressive tanks and malt collection. How do you like the Lagavulin? I recently picked up a bottle of Laphroaig 25 Year old from a friend in Scotland...very nice malt.

Nook's Fuge!!

Nook's Fuge!!

Been a while since an update, so here is the new fuge:

145 gallon refugium built by Glasscages, 36x30x31. One 1.5" drain and one 1" return reduced to 3/4" locline at the display.

Feed pump is an Oceanrunner 3500 at 900gph before head pressure. Might add a couple small Tunze powerheads for flow yet.

Lighting is Iwasaki 400w 6500K mogule bulb, Galaxy 400w electronic ballast and reflector is Lumenmax II pendant with UV glass shield added to protect bulb and reflector from salt spray.

4-5" DSB with sugar sized aragonite. 20lbs of Totuka liverock and 10-15lbs of Fiji liverock seeded from tank. Critter kits from IPSF and Inland Aquatics coming next week, as well as decent variety of macros from Reefcleaners.org.

Here are the pics:

DSCN2988.jpg~original

DSCN2974.jpg~original

DSCN2977.jpg~original

DSCN2978.jpg~original

DSCN2979.jpg~original

DSCN2981.jpg~original

DSCN2980.jpg~original

DSCN2984.jpg~original

DSCN2985.jpg~original

DSCN2989.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15036174#post15036174 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dalston
Very impressive tanks and malt collection. How do you like the Lagavulin? I recently picked up a bottle of Laphroaig 25 Year old from a friend in Scotland...very nice malt.

Medicinal:D But I like it;)

It looks like the fuge is already working; I can see detritus building up already :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15185932#post15185932 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpoletti
It looks like the fuge is already working; I can see detritus building up already :lol:

Well, that is a combination of shrimp pellets I fed and detritus:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15186180#post15186180 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by spleify
Yeah that fuge is bigger than most peoples DT.

Yeah, but with 1000g of tanks I needed the biggest fuge I could fit:) It is a nice tank and it gave me another tank to setup....what will be next I wonder:D???

Back