Nook's Reef!!

Love the fish room looks like the lab of a mad scientist. If you don't mind about how much evaporation do you have in a day? Thanks Mike

Can't believe I missed this thread till now.
Amazing setup you got there. Glad that all your problems seems to be solved or getting solved. Looking forward to see the completed product.

You have 2 truly amazing tanks! Very inspirational and I love the choice of fish/corals. How big was the leather when you got it?

Great system. Looks awesome.

Can't believe I missed this thread till now.
Amazing setup you got there. Glad that all your problems seems to be solved or getting solved. Looking forward to see the completed product.

It is always time consuming and a pain in the butt to get the denitrator tuned after achieving zero nitrates and taking it offline. I think I am going to leave half the media all yucky next time and rinse the other half clean with RODI.

You have 2 truly amazing tanks! Very inspirational and I love the choice of fish/corals. How big was the leather when you got it?

Leather was a small 2" frag I gave to a friend about 9 years ago now. It outgrew his 120g after 8 years.

Beautiful Tanks. Thank you for sharing your success with us. I am now starting my 400g thanks to you.

:) Great, hope it goes well and enjoy the ride.

Very nice setup, Nook! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot!

Such an Amazing build!
Not sure what it is about ToadStool Leathers but I absolutely love them. I want a large one but patience is key i suppose eh?

bump for an update!!

Tanks are doing good. I've been adding some softies here and there since the SPS crash last summer. I do have a few acros coming back and am going to add a few more really nice acros in a couple weeks. I'll see if I can get some pics here shortly.

Such an Amazing build!
Not sure what it is about ToadStool Leathers but I absolutely love them. I want a large one but patience is key i suppose eh?

Yep, just time, light and they grow big fast, some bigger than others.

very cool you have them all happy enough to spawn.thats sick, good job:)

Well, no more spawning since most the acros died off last summer. I think it was a combination of increased nitrate and coral warfare from all the sinularia and sarcophyton corals.

is this your first spawning event? or is there any growth from the spawn? crossing corals?

They had been spawning for a while before the crash at night. I could always tell by the smell of the tank room and the skimmer would just shut down. I am wondering if the stress from coral warfare caused the spawning, or if they corals were just happy.

Such a beautiful tank!!!!!!!!

Thanks, it is a big endeavor keeping the tanks lit and electricity running. I really do enjoy the hobby though, even if I don't take any vacations:D

Figured out how to put pics on my iphone to photobucket. Here is a cool shot of a couple large softies in the cube tank:

photo-4.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:
Back