photo-12.jpg~original

photo-11.jpg~original

photo-10.jpg~original

photo-9.jpg~original

photo-8.jpg~original

The sleeping mastiff!!
photo-3.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my GEO skimmer I've had the last few years. GEO added a beckett feed to it and it has the Baldor recirculating needlewheel as well.

No new equipment pictures. I still have the dual 8"x24" reactors, 6"x24" sulphur denitrator and 12"x30" calcium reactor.

I was mistaken on the calcium reactor, it is only 12 x 24:

DSCN3019.jpg~original

Skimmer with beckett feed added. This really made the skimmer scream.

DSCN2943.jpg~original

As to repeat what others have said...great build :)

The sleeping mastiff!!
photo-3.jpg~original

Off topic but how is the temperament of your Tibetan Mastiff and if you've had any health issues? We've had 2 Bullmastiffs from a reputable and champion breeder and both had succumbed to osteosarcoma before they reached the age of a year. Quite heart breaking when it was one pup after the other. The breeder has been great as they fell under the one year health guarantee they offer and chose the second one from a different "lineage". Not sure if our hearts can handle losing a third to the same.

Wow that skimmer huge, im sure it can run a shark tank. Do you remove the cup to clean the skimmate?

It pulls a lot of skimmate and requires no tuning, it is set and forget. The cup twists off for cleaning and I usually clean 1-2x per week.

Off topic but how is the temperament of your Tibetan Mastiff and if you've had any health issues? We've had 2 Bullmastiffs from a reputable and champion breeder and both had succumbed to osteosarcoma before they reached the age of a year. Quite heart breaking when it was one pup after the other. The breeder has been great as they fell under the one year health guarantee they offer and chose the second one from a different "lineage". Not sure if our hearts can handle losing a third to the same.

Sorry to hear about your puppies:(

Bogie has been quite a handful. Dominant, primitive, protective breed to be sure. We've done a couple training schools and had a behaviorist work with us for a while and he is smart enough to know how to work the system. He is very dog aggressive and protective of the house, he likes to roll in anything stinky to mask his smell and he is always on the hunt for other animals, attackers, etc...very guardy. He wants to get them before they get him. He is great with my wife and I and is a lovable pet, but we always kennel him when most people come over because he wants to dominate them as well. He is good with a few friends that are used to him and know him, but most of the time we keep him in the kennel when they come over for everyone's safety.

He is strongly bonded with me and follows me around like a puppy dog most of the time. Also, he is very expressive with his grunts and groans and will let you know when he is happy/sad...he wears his feelings on his sleeve. I always walk him with a leash to be safe and try to avoid walking where the public walks to avoid confrontation with other dogs. I have to say that I feel our house is very safe with this dog guarding all the time, he takes his job very, very seriously. As much as I love him, I don't know that I would get another one when he leaves us because they are such a difficult breed to socialize. Everyone that sees him is fascinated by his looks and stature, they usually ask what breed he is and they get a puzzled look when you say "Tibetan Mastiff". Aside from the guardy, dominant traits, he is a really great pet and his character continues to unfold as he grows. He is now 6 years and a few months old.

Looks great Dave! I have newer camera and need to come over and take some more shots of your set up.

We just had Madelyn Rose on June 14th, so my time is once again, limited...
We were just getting back into a normal rhythm and something resembling a life again with the twins being almost three......

Glad to see Bogie's doing well.....he's a very good puppy. Almost looks like a normal sized dog in that picture.

Nick

Any updates Nook?

Softy madness! Both tanks are looking pretty sweet, but I do have about 20 very nice acropora in the frag tank:) I have been contemplating creating a smaller display just for the sticks. I'll see if I can have a friend stop by some time and take some more pictures.

I have been dosing vinegar (500-600cc/day) and my nitrate level is 13-15ppm. I might get a larger sulphur denitrator from GEO one of these days soon as I think the one I had was just a tad too small.

Looks great Dave! I have newer camera and need to come over and take some more shots of your set up.

We just had Madelyn Rose on June 14th, so my time is once again, limited...
We were just getting back into a normal rhythm and something resembling a life again with the twins being almost three......

Glad to see Bogie's doing well.....he's a very good puppy. Almost looks like a normal sized dog in that picture.

Nick

Congrats on the baby girl:beer: We really need to get together one day soon.

Hey Dave, I was just over at the shop with George, and he might have a few reactors that would work as a sulphur denitrator for you. He's got a few projects working over there in his lab.....:D
Corey

Back