Nook's Reef!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11042427#post11042427 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Darth Wader
Hey Nanook, that bow valley aquarium tag hanging on your wall is from Calgary, is that where you live? If so, I live in Calgary and if your setting up that system you gotta let me see it when its done, its amazing so far.

I had them shipped to the USA from Calgary...you are still welcome to come down for a visit though;)

2963DSCN2081-med.JPG

2963DSCN2082-med.JPG

2963DSCN2083-med.JPG

2963DSCN2087-med.JPG

2963DSCN2088-med.JPG

2963DSCN2090-med.JPG

2963DSCN2091-med.JPG

2963DSCN2092-med.JPG

2963DSCN2098-med.JPG

2963DSCN2103-med.JPG

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11040518#post11040518 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JB NY
I've used these kinds of drains for a number of years. They cut down tremendously on the amount of turbulence and bubbles coming into the tank. The only part I would be prepared to tweak is the length of the top pipe. Sometime based on the amount of flow you need to have the pipe a little longer.

Looks great so far Nook!

I took your advice and made those three standpipes about 9 inches taller...a couple other guys said the same thing.

Looks good! No leaks thus far? Glad to see the standpipes in action working well. I have five planned in my new setup, thanks to this thread.

10.28.2007-1.jpg

Very nice.... Congrat Dave. I can't till the day i move to Colorado... :). I've learn something from this thread....

CUSTOM GEO SKIMMER

noonksskimmer008.jpg

This is the 18" diameter cell-cast acrylic skimmer that stands 5 feet tall...it will be run with a Orca needlewheel and Alita 40 linear piston airpump...recirculated with an Iwaki 40RLT.

wow i hate to chime in so late but all i can say is damn this is nice! makes my system seem like just a toy(and my tank is 11 ft long) my wife is gona hate you ! lol

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11105587#post11105587 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RokleM
Looks good! No leaks thus far? Glad to see the standpipes in action working well. I have five planned in my new setup, thanks to this thread.

10.28.2007-1.jpg

That is an awesome looking sump. The standpipes work very well at bubble reduction.

I'm going to modify the design just a tad to see how it works. I'm going to add 45 degree pieces at the bottom of the pipes and point them in different directions across the bottom of the tank. I'm _thinking_ this might send water across and keep the detritus suspended a little longer and give my skimmer a chance to grab it. Just a thought you might play with.

I love the new lighting setup. It looks like they have the glass covers. Where did you buy them?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11121602#post11121602 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by melev
I love the new lighting setup. It looks like they have the glass covers. Where did you buy them?

On a group buy from Pacific Garden Supply with the Chicago reefers.

Back