Nook's Reef!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11261168#post11261168 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by yellowwatchmen
any updates?

I have the skimmer, Alita 40 air pump and still waiting for the Orca needlewheel pump since November 9th...apparently, Sequence has to build this pump one at a time. I will probably get a second one as a backup so I don't have to wait this long for one if something goes wrong.

I am needing to spend another couple grand to get things in order for final stages...might be a few months yet. My liverock is curing and I will post a thread about the rock I got from www.livestockusa.org

Thanks for the interest.

WOW that is AWESOME I knew there was some perks when I joined SLASH I would love to see this monster in person oh wait these monsters in person. One thing the way the pics look the sump is behind the one tank is ther room so you can get to the back of that tank with out have to stand on the sump or directly over it?Nice basement looks like a good place to relax:D

DSCN2200.jpg~original

DSCN2201.jpg~original

DSCN2203.jpg~original

DSCN2204.jpg~original

DSCN2205.jpg~original

DSCN2206.jpg~original

DSCN2207.jpg~original

DSCN2208.jpg~original

DSCN2209.jpg~original

DSCN2210.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:
Water in the tank!! :dance: I never thought I would see the day, it brings a tear to my eye.

Pretty rough photos I know....never was much good with a camera but I have time to learn. I still have a lot of finishing touches to make it all look good, but this is pretty close. Woodwork on the outside is the last really big step.

He sure picked a heck of a day to post pictures. I don't believe it! :eek2:

These reflectors don't even match:

DSCN2242.jpg~original

DSCN2249.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:
I will add salt tomorrow or Thursday if the water temperature is normal....it is at 73 degrees now.

Marc, the one canopy has 4 Lumenarc full-sized reflectors with glass and 400w Ushio 10K bulbs, along with four 110w VHO actinics. The long canopy has 4 Lumen Bright Mini reflectors with Ushio 175w 10Ks and four 110w VHO actinics. I need to get a couple cables still to hook up the VHOs on the long tank.

This is a great April Fool's:lol:

Back