Nook's Reef!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12243222#post12243222 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crab0000
Wow! Incredible skimmer; I need one of those for my 65. :D

definitely helps with the water volume for sure :D

Yeah, I'm sure it would more than double my water volume. Maybe then I could keep that whale shark I always wanted!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12242928#post12242928 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jwheeler
How many pumps going into the skimmer and what kind? Care to say how much that monster set you back?

I have a PanWorld 790gph pressure pump feeding the skimmer, a Dart NW and an Alita 40L air pump.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12243017#post12243017 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by polywise
Nanook,
What are you doing for humidity control?

Still not tested yet, but I have a 12,000 BTU Mitsubishi split-system air conditioner for the warm months and a Green Air Humidistat hooked up to a Panasonic 150cfm fan for the winter months with a fresh air intake.

Time will tell if the fan/fresh air intake work sufficiently in the winter months. I believe the split AC will work fine.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12240536#post12240536 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jar*Head
holy moly. That is a monster, a beautiful monster.

Great comment. :D

So how much water does it hold, or better yet, how much drains out when it is powered off? Can your sump hold that water volume? It looks incredible. Go Geo!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12287836#post12287836 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by michika
How are you liking Mitch's tanks? I'm thinking of having him build a few for me.

Tanks are built like tanks:D Seriously, Mitch did a helluva good job on these tanks. What is the name of the company he is with now?

He is still with Bow Valley, although from my understanding he works less hours now then he did before. I picked up glass a few weeks ago from him for a from scratch build, but I think I want him to build me a few smaller tanks.

Good to know. Did you go with the black or clear silicone? Did he set up delivery for you?

Just read thru the thread.
I have skimmer envy/sump envy and wet bar envy.
Great job and most importantly is great to have friends such as Mr. GEO to build you such a fine piece of equipment!!!!!

Congrats!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12288981#post12288981 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gasman059
Just read thru the thread.
I have skimmer envy/sump envy and wet bar envy.
Great job and most importantly is great to have friends such as Mr. GEO to build you such a fine piece of equipment!!!!!

Congrats!

Thanks, Gasman! Geo is definitely DA MAN!

Here are some pics of the tanks going since Tuesday, all 600lbs of rock transferred. I am not happy with my aquascaping and just threw it together that way so that will have to be re-done.

I also need a little more rock in the long tank and maybe a little less in the cube tank. Here are a few cruddy pictures I took, I really need some pointers on picture taking!

DSCN2282.jpg~original

DSCN2283.jpg~original

DSCN2284.jpg~original

DSCN2285.jpg~original

DSCN2286.jpg~original

DSCN2287.jpg~original

DSCN2288.jpg~original

DSCN2289.jpg~original

DSCN2290.jpg~original

DSCN2291.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:
Back