NOY's Sun Corals

I feed every other night.

I use a brine shrimp and black worms mix. Once in a while I also feed Mysis.

I feed every other night.

I use a brine shrimp and black worms mix. Once in a while I also feed Mysis.

Do you target feed all of them of do you just broadcast the food in the whole tank? Leave powerheads on or?

Target feed absolutely with powerheads off and i leave the powerheads off for about 10 minutes after so they can fully ingest the food.

That latest FTS is looking spectacular Noy! Loving the photography in your thread, been a while since I checked in.

How is your SPS doing? Efflos still kicking? Sometime in the next few months would like to touch base and see your setup when I'm in the city, that is assuming you are willing of course :)

That latest FTS is looking spectacular Noy! Loving the photography in your thread, been a while since I checked in.

How is your SPS doing? Efflos still kicking? Sometime in the next few months would like to touch base and see your setup when I'm in the city, that is assuming you are willing of course :)

I'm planning on a new main display build - so I moved all my sps into a grow out 60 frag tank. its funny you mention the efflo - one of them just RTN the other day. they are frustrating corals - I still have one left that's doing quite well.

yeah, give me a shout when you are in town - I'm out in scarborough.

Target feed absolutely with powerheads off and i leave the powerheads off for about 10 minutes after so they can fully ingest the food.

What invertebrates do you have in that tank? My cleaner shrimp and hermits always rob my corals of food when spot fed.

What invertebrates do you have in that tank? My cleaner shrimp and hermits always rob my corals of food when spot fed.

I have peppermint shrimp and snails. Used to have a cleaner shrimp - if you drop some food in another part of the tank to divert the shrimp - you can usually keep a cleaner shrimp distracted.

If your sun corals are higher in the rockwork - the hermits usually won't get them.

noy:

Wow - incredible tank. I just received two pink Tubastrea aurea from DD for a dedicated NPS tank. Ever bought any NPS online?

Also - do you have any more info on your gorg tank? Feeding schedule, equipment, etc?

Thanks again for all the pictures and info. Been a huge help.

noy:

Wow - incredible tank. I just received two pink Tubastrea aurea from DD for a dedicated NPS tank. Ever bought any NPS online?

Also - do you have any more info on your gorg tank? Feeding schedule, equipment, etc?

Thanks again for all the pictures and info. Been a huge help.

Thanks, I live in Canada and there are not too many online places that offer NPS (mostly zoa and SPS frags).

The gorg tank is a 60 gallon cube. I use the Apex AFS to dump dried foods (reefroids, NLS spectrum, assortment of FM stuff) 5x throughout the day. I also supplement with 2 feedings - In the AM i drop 6 small cubes of frozen rotifers and oyster feast, PM - i will drop in cyclopeez, oyster feast, harvest my baby brine shrimp and rotifers.

The equipment isn't too fancy - Jebao WP-10 x 2, Jebao return pump, Reef Octopus skimmer, Nextreef media reactor for Rowaphos, carbon in bags. Mangrove pods and some decorative macroalgae in the refugium.

Thanks, I live in Canada and there are not too many online places that offer NPS (mostly zoa and SPS frags).

The gorg tank is a 60 gallon cube. I use the Apex AFS to dump dried foods (reefroids, NLS spectrum, assortment of FM stuff) 5x throughout the day. I also supplement with 2 feedings - In the AM i drop 6 small cubes of frozen rotifers and oyster feast, PM - i will drop in cyclopeez, oyster feast, harvest my baby brine shrimp and rotifers.

The equipment isn't too fancy - Jebao WP-10 x 2, Jebao return pump, Reef Octopus skimmer, Nextreef media reactor for Rowaphos, carbon in bags. Mangrove pods and some decorative macroalgae in the refugium.

wow - what are your water changes like?

My Weekend Score!

Orange Paddle Sponge
orange_sponge

ok, this makes up for the crummy gorg I bought with it.

Lobo
IMG_2231a
a bit of skeleton showing - we'll see if it recovers.

Monomyces
IMG_2233a

From a while back but colouring up very nicely

Last edited:
Back