Odyssea CFS4 Canister Filter Good or trash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your tank/equipment is a Jebo/odessea crap, don't expect any frags from me. Sure you have a50/50 chance of burning your house down, great, but at what expense? Ask CPR about the blatent patent violations on their skimmers, or the legions of people that speak of sparks and the smell of smoke. JMC74 do you get a kickback from Aquatraitors? Or have you not had an issue yet? I service ~35 tanks a month to put food on my table, I carry insurance for that reason, companies like Oddesea are the reason why my insurance is so expensive.

Do I drive a Yugo to work NO, but I HEAR they're cheap

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10471593#post10471593 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tuberider
If your tank/equipment is a Jebo/odessea crap, don't expect any frags from me. Sure you have a50/50 chance of burning your house down, great, but at what expense? Ask CPR about the blatent patent violations on their skimmers, or the legions of people that speak of sparks and the smell of smoke. JMC74 do you get a kickback from Aquatraitors? Or have you not had an issue yet? I service ~35 tanks a month to put food on my table, I carry insurance for that reason, companies like Oddesea are the reason why my insurance is so expensive.

no, I don't get a kickback from Aquatraders (but I should eh?) now on the serius note here... I have not had any trouble, and the only item I ever had problems, it was my fault, I overtigh the UV bulb and it cracked, but that was my fault, oh, one more, long, long ago, one of the canister had a bad seal, but they give me a new seal/o-ring and it fix it... I guess im a lucky guy. that's why i still buy their products, but with caution, don't get me wrong, I do check them before I put them into service, just in case :eek2:

about the patents on the CPR, well I can give a damm, CPR sux anyway, i don't like the Backpack crap, so if they copy garbage, I guess they get garbage... that is exactly why i say "some stuff is garbage"

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10471593#post10471593 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tuberider

oh, BTW... I hear the Yugo has air supension that is adjustable :eek1:

do I hear "LOW RIDER":bum:

some of you cats on here have to understand that people on reef central love to rag on jebo/odysea stuff[even without having owned jebo products]....i have freinds who have deltec pumps that go out on them,and there are thousands of threads on oceanic tanks leaking....lets not even start with hallide ballasts from pfo etc...i had one that sparked due to bad wiring...it all comes down to quality control,and odysea has had some terrible products and some good and decent ones...you obviously get what you pay for,and i personally dont buy odysea stuff anymore,as id rather buy used higher quality stuff, but im smart enough to realize that some of odyseas stuff is just fine...like my amazing uv sterilizer. jazzmanb p.s to say you wouldnt give someone a frag because they have a jebo tank is silly[im sorry but it is] also with the kind of money you cats make on cleaning tanks,the insurance should be an issue WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!

O.K. boys, you go on. Three weeks ago I replaced a Jebo PC ballast with a Coralife the Jebo burned out after less than 6 months. Two months ago I went to a house that had a wet saturated carpet due to a HOB skimmer overflowing for the millionth time, it was a 1.5 million dollar house (before you rebut, how much does that house you live in cost your landlord?). You know how much I make, really? really? You're full of BS, do you work in music? Do you have a steady gig? When I was doing casuals/hotel gigs I made more money than I do now straight up, 1099's and all.

Jazzman, if you want to take this to PM you're more than welcome, I know all about the equipment your idols play through as I had to procure them during the 7-8 years I presented headline jazz (read Stanley Turrentine, Milt Jackson, Ray Brown, etc.). They are not playing through Jebo equipment for sure.

I'm done with this thread, I work VERY hard in this industry to make a living. It leaves a foul taste in my mouth when people contradict themselves with unsubstantiated statements like "those people haven't owned Jebo equipment", when I've spent countless hours cleaning up after this crap.

Now sling all the mud you want because I'm done.

my name is brandon etzler, type my name in and search to see who and where i play...im currently playing with will bernard[we just played yoshis,and tour],wil blades hammond b3] brandon robinson trio,who we are,the townhouse legends,steppin,o.g.d[organ,guitar drums,brian coogan,eddie roberts,khali doak anthony etc...my influences are elvin jones,roy haynes,dejohnette,tony,billy higgins,clyde stubblefield,bernard purdie,idris muhammhad,brian blade,james brown,fela kuti,tony allen,ali farka toure etc....im not sure how and why you listed stanley and milt,but i love both of them...this thread is about odysea,and somehow im defending my love for music and my reputation as a musician..this is nonsense. p.s music is how i make my living,and is my life,reefing is only a hobby and is more of an addiction and distraction...

sounds like a MAD RED NECK, I see your occupation... TRAILER PARK trash, I didn't know trailers had strong floor to support Good heavy tanks...

im done with the pro's that make so much money, yet they live in a TUNA CAN

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10471981#post10471981 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jmc74
sounds like a MAD RED NECK, I see your occupation... TRAILER PARK trash, I didn't know trailers had strong floor to support Good heavy tanks...

im done with the pro's that make so much money, yet they live in a TUNA CAN

Wow. I hope you aren't a member of the club because I wouldn't want propagation efforts I am involved with to support someone that would post something like that.

From what I see, you are the one who started the crap.

it comes to this, if you are handy, and have a brain and can clearly see the posibility of saving some $$,by getting equipment that has potential, the go ahead, but if you can tell the difference between a corless screwdriver and a drill, then buy the premium stuff, already made.... maybe since some people here are so rich, they should hire some of us poor people to take care of their tanks...:rolleye1:

So if we buy good equipment, we are not handy and don't have a brain??

[chimp]

jmc74,
If you continue posting in this manner, you'll be removed from this community without further warning.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back