odyssea jebo it is good

freezb

im locking to buy the 24 icn metal halide and pc ramp odyssea, and i want to no if its a good fixture? do you had some problem with?

try searching them. basically there is a thread with like 15 pages. I read them all and the gist of them is to avoid this company. APparently they dont sell what they claim and many posters have reported fires. For me that just isnt worth it. But i have never had any first hand experience.

jamie

i have jebo (odyssea) pc lights on 3 of my tanks & all work great. i also have 3 odyssea skimmers that work well, too. not sure what co you would be getting them from, but i got mine at a lfs here in the bay area.

get what ya pay for......imo they are junk and there customer service is basically non-existant

just wondering if you guys have used the brand personally?

I have two 48" pc fixtues I bought 4 years ago.....don't use them on my main tank any longer, but use one over my refugium and another on my quarantine tank and they are still going strong after 4 years

I plan on getting one next week for my nano.

I guess I'll keep topoff water close by at all times just in case :D

Seen first hand what they do. Guy nearly losy his system. If he was not home at the time he would have lost his home.

just throwing this out there......but couldn't that happen with any piece of electrical equipment around water? Are they cheap/ Yes
Are they quality? Not really when compared to other manufacturers.....but they have given me great bang for the buck. I have definately gotten my$150 out of them

I used the ooddysea lighting and it sent a crack down the middle of my house. Luckily we saved all the women and children.
on a serius note the fixture harrasses me every time i walk by. You know, snide sarcastic remarks. It gets real old.

jokes and jokes

buy it. dont let roomers of fire change your mind. I will give you one hundred dollars is it starts a fire. No make it two

Roomers, thats a good one. Keep telling yourselves that and when your in the homeless shelter because you didn't spend a few more dolors to get quality, don't say anything to anybody else. I am all for saving money in this hobby, but a home or even (worse case) a life is not a gamble I would take.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6786576#post6786576 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Patio
buy it. dont let roomers of fire change your mind. I will give you one hundred dollars is it starts a fire. No make it two

Why dont you give him that money to buy so good quality lights, then he won't have to worry about the risk of fire.

if these fixtures are have a record of being hazardous why are they still in business? insurance companies can be quite aggresive.

i would be interested to look at a link of some threads where people shared their experiences of these fire breathing death lamps.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6786928#post6786928 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Cavufarm
if these fixtures are have a record of being hazardous why are they still in business? insurance companies can be quite aggresive.

i would be interested to look at a link of some threads where people shared their experiences of these fire breathing death lamps.

agreed. here's to rational thinking.

I cant believe we brought up loosing a life, when we reach into our tanks with a plugged in power head.

Nothing is wrong with the lights, probably just a different profit margin.

There is a thread out there. I said it was 15 pages long. I read all the posts. You really want to see the thread search it like i did.
I am the first to admit i have no first hand experience with these lights.

Now if you want to take the chance on faulty equipment to save a few dollars, go ahead. The way i see it is it isnt worth it. I have no stock in ANY COMPANY so i am only saying this as a warning. I personally dont think it is worth it and i would hate to see something bad happen to someone just so someone else can make money. Unfortunately it happens all the time.

Oh and P.S.
I you reach in your tank without turning off the power strip...well that's Natural selection i suppose

goodluck
Jamie

I was thinking about ordering a 48" MH from them till I did a search here. It is the thread that is about 15pgs long. By about page 12 or 13, people started posting pictures of the burnt up ballasts and capacitors and the fire damage from it. That was enough to scare me off. I know it could happen with any electrical appliance and is probably very uncommon but why take the chance IMO.
The first thing that comes to mind is "you get what you pay for"

I would hate to have everyone say to me "I told you so" as me my wife and daughter are standing in the street watching our house burn down.

Back