Oh LEDs....

Updated once again.... still running LED/T5 combo. Now, LEDs are being controlled by a Bluefish LED controller. This thing is pretty cool, all WiFi controlled via a user friendly phone app.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9ZUlTJ8vw24" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really, really want a bluefish controller. Or an RLL controller. Any update on this light?

Lights are doing well. I just replaced my canopy with a much taller one so I finally have the pucks about 8-9" off the water which has really helped spread the light out. I also have the wide angle TIR Radion lenses on them too. Waiting to see what that does for everything in the tank.

Current light setting is: Violet (40%), RB (80%), RGB (70%), CW (70%) but this is midday on a clear day.

With the weather parameters used by Bluefish, it recreates cloud cover and storms so over the past few days the LEDs haven't reached their max output (I have the weather parameters matched to Tampa right now and it's been pretty overcast). Never heard of the RLL controller, what is that?

How have your corals adapted? They looking better, I'm getting ready to order these units I believe.

Corey

How have your corals adapted? They looking better, I'm getting ready to order these units I believe.

Corey

Corals are looking good, had a water quality issue for a bit that I think I've managed to fix (had a fish die, and couldn't find the carcass :( )

Current settings are:

Midday: Violets @ 100%, Royal Blues @ 100%, RGB @ 50%, Whites @ 30% (provided the weather pattern is clear with no cloud cover), this setting (I believe) is similar to the Coral Radiance preset setting the Radions have.

If I have time, I'll take a few pics and load them up.

Back