Old school skimmer 3115

SilverGTS

So Roger I still have a perfectly functioning Comline 3115. I got it from Aquatek back when you started importing tunze (1998/99). Other than replacing the silencer which had dry rotted back in 2010 it's still original. My question is it still a viable skimmer for a heavy sps (50 gallon) tank? I would hate to retire her! Thanks!

-Chris

It’s a very nice skimmer and 50 gal is well under it’s stated capacity and considering that people are moving away from the ULNS tanks, I’d give it a shot. I bet it will do great.

I think it will work, but I will say a 9004 or 9004DC would be stronger and the main issue is that only a handful of the plastic parts are still available for it. Personally, I probably would upgrade, as skimmers are one thing that have gotten a lot better in the last 20 years in terms of performance but I also would be certain it will do the job as long as the pump holds out.

Thanks for the response. The pump is in great shape. I just broke her down yesterday for a vinegar soak and putting back in. All the plastics are good. I do get a lot of strange looks from other hobbyists that see it.

-Chris

Back