Old style frag auction get together

Lol, I would totally be down for a bbq in January. I have to go to San Fran for xmas break so it would be cool to come back and have a get together. It would also give me a little time to grow out some of the coral in my tank.

I started this thread for as stated"Old style frag auction", I am accused of being rude by Bifferwine, who claims she thought I was not aware of ACRO's existence. ACRO's all over this forums first page, so my belief was that her comment was a rude, curt way of saying we already have a auction, take it or leave it. Colerphon, I have never met you that I know of and don't care to. You have your ACRO group, that's fine, why so paranoid to have to post in this thread about your ACRO meets. I like the old style, informal get together without the politics of ego's. Oh and before this gets out of hand, this is my last post on the whys and where to's of starting this thread and my alleged rudeness!

rotflmao, thats what I hate about the internet, people only see the posts, not the background. I stay off of here most of the time, just wanted to get an informal auction going. Got some cool LE's, but don't need to frag them for give aways. Did you really get a good offer, cola's way high out there. Yea, we should put a garage sale, fish type together. I've got lights, skimmers, powerheads and so on. We are down to two tanks, Reef and Discus. Bring me a nice Yellow Tort Frag when you come back.

Don't worry about it John, stuff happens, I honestly think it would be really nice to all get together and just hang without any of the drama. Sometimes I wonder why this hobby brings out the ego in so many people, its about enjoyment and having a good time. I love interacting with the people who are in this area and I know others do as well. So lets just let things go and come together so that we can all benefit from each others experience and knowledge. John, Zach, Sarah, Chris, Mike and Tommy are all knowledgeable reefers that anyone can learn from, so lets put that to good use rather than putting it toward seperation.

Wow, Its been months since I last posted. This one I will go too. I have around 20 purple deaths so I can bring a few. It would be a blast to see all you guys!

Zach, It's been awhile since I talked to you so thats a great.

Scott, Bring out the laptop! And maybe the Coffee :)

Mike, Did you not leave the Reefkeeping? lol

If we are shooting for January I would guess the 19th or 20th would be the best days as it aviods the new year and most likely the frag auction in PHX. If the frag auction in PHX really doesnt matter to most of the people attending I say we shoot for the 12th or the 13th.

And those days avoid the SUPER BOWL!!!!

What do you think...

By the way I will provide the door prizes for that day. 2 of them.

I also say lets do something fun like we all provide a fish/reef item and play like a white elephant game where we choose numbers and pick an item and the next inline can take your item or chose from the remaining and so on. Of course gag gifts will make the game more fun just hope you dont get stuck with the aptasia rock :)

Michael

Sounds cool, people should bring some cool zoos and SPS as that is what a lot of people are looking for. I have a friend who is looking for the following:

Blue zoos
Nuclear green zoos
pink zoos
and anything else cool, so if you have some that would be awesome and maybe something could be arranged.

Old Timers

Old Timers

The last few meets we held on Sundays as it seemed to work better for everybody. Left there Saturdays free. Majority don't attend FRAG so I don't see an issue there. So hows Sunday the 13th sound to all?

Sunday sounds awesome, whatever date and time you guys want would be awesome I am in college so anytime would be fine.

Hey Scott does Sunday the 13th sound ok for you on our meet?

Your the brains behind the operation and we need you.... (cheap attempt to flatter you :) )

Michael

Ha, I'm blushing.

Sure, that sounds ok. I will be happy to bring the auction software. At least you guys ask me to come along. ACRO just uses my software without ever asking permission. Very shady group of leaders and I am not impressed with them at all.

Where are we meeting?

LOL first we invite the brains then we find the place then umm damn thats where the brains comes into play again :)

Michael

Lol, I was going to try to find a place for us to have the meet, but haven't done it yet and with me leaving for Cali it might be better if someone esle could do it.

The 13th at 1:00P.M. ( we should all be awake by then) Location will be determined. Centralized, we'll get that. Door prizes taken care of. I will supply gag gift. Bring item for white elephant. Somebody contact Satori.....LHK. We should not interfere with other groups with this date. I'll contact Frank and see if he's avail. ta ta for now....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11415117#post11415117 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ZOAKEEPER
The 13th at 1:00P.M. ( we should all be awake by then) Location will be determined. Centralized, we'll get that. Door prizes taken care of. I will supply gag gift. Bring item for white elephant. Somebody contact Satori.....LHK. We should not interfere with other groups with this date. I'll contact Frank and see if he's avail. ta ta for now....

I guess I should check this forum more often.
I'll try to make it. As for location, some place where I can drink beer would work best for me. :D

Back