Orphek LED lighting

I'd like to start a new thread for owners of any Orphek lighting. I am running 2 v1 Atlantik units and a new v2b. I'm interested in what kinds of tanks you are running and your experience with settings of the lights and the corals you keep.

I've got 2 Atlantiks over a 5 foot 150g 24" deep tank. The tank is full of mixed coral types- softies, LPS, SPS, clams and anemones. While all the corals are growing well and have great polyp extension I'm still experimenting with the settings on the lights. A few days ago I changed to this:
Ch1- 82
Ch2- 100
Ch3- 42
Ch4- 32
The overall look of the tank is awesome with those percentages so I'm hoping the corals like it. It's been like this for a few days only. Before that I had ch1 higher and ch3 lower- that was a bluer overall look that was ok but the change made it look a lot better to my eye. If anyone sees this and has only recently installed their Atlantics don't run these numbers right away- I took months to acclimate to the high output.

Are your Atlantiks v1or 2? I have my v2b centered over my 180 and a v1 on either side. The channels are different between the v1 and v2b so I have to try to balance the lights by eye. I'm looking into a par meter though. My v2b is 69,100,100,50. The v1 units are 100,71,100,88. I had them all set higher for a few weeks but I lost some corals so I brought them down but kept the duration the same.

Mine are the latest version. I'm a little surprised that your corals aren't turning white (or closing up) with ch1 and 3 being high. I hope you can keep us posted on how the corals color up under those percentages.

Just starting a 120g with the two of the new Atlantik WiFi pendants. I also have a 46g with two PR72s connected to my Apex and a DIF50 in the middle. I run the PR72s between seventy and eighty percent. Haven't started with the Atlantiks over the 120 yet.

PA220329_zps00e353b1.jpg

Just made a short clip of my tank. This is with the Quick program and all sliders to 100%:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TduFu_UXr3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks. It's been running for 15 months now roughly. Orpheks have been on for about 5 months. Before that I had Radions... and even 5 months later I still say hallelujah every time I think about those Ecotechs and the decision to ditch em!

Looks like it's going to be great.
I think the best thing I ever did for my tank was get an Apex controller. It's responsible for incredible stability and peace of mind. That and the lights ;-)

Last edited:
Greg, are you still using those settings on your lights? What is your schedule? I set my v2b to match yours and then tried to visibly match the v1 units to it.

Greg, are you still using those settings on your lights? What is your schedule? I set my v2b to match yours and then tried to visibly match the v1 units to it.
I made a small change a couple days ago that had a huge impact on the look (whiter, less blue overall) and the corals didn't react at all so I think this will be my final recipe since I love the look. Or not... I may raise channel 1 even higher and lower 3 to get an even brighter whiter look. Anyhow, here's what I have now:
Ch1: 82% with a two hour ramp morning and night, ten hours total (6@82).
Ch2: 100% with a one hour ramp in the am and 90 min in the pm, 12.5 total.
Ch3: 42% with one hour ramp in am, 2 in pm, 11.5 hours total.
Ch4: 32% with 90 min ramps on each end, 10.5 hours total.

Great. Just want to make sure you know you'll want to acclimate new corals to those levels unless they came from right under big metal halides or other strong LEDs- they'll probably fry otherwise.

gregr,I'm going to give your program a shot. I fragged what remained of a half dozen mini colonies tonight. Some came from a fellow reefers tank and the only difference was lighting. Water tests between the 2 tanks were reasonably close.

I was at Reef A Palozza today in the OC I was hoping to see Orphek there but I did not see them there. They were there last year and had a great show so I thought for sure they would be attending the show.

I was there too- was also sorry to see that Orphek was not. Aside from that it was a great show.

Back