OT: Is there anything better than Chilaquiles

jefathome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilaquiles

Oh man... Today our Cafe is serving Chilaquiles for breakfast. I make them at home pretty often as well. I mean, COME ON FOLKS... this is basically breakfast nacho's we are talking about here.

What could be better?

For all you who may try to make this at home, here is the most important part... DO NOT USE TOSTITO STYLE CHIPS... you have to use nice resturant style chips.. the thicker the better.

Mass Market chips will jsut trun into mush. you want them to be in-between with some soft parts and some crunchy parts... to add texture to the dish.

:bounce2:

There is NOTHING better then those bad boys. I can eat them every day of the week if i could. Theres this place in orange called "Taco Mesa" that makes thee best Chilaquiles. Tasty chips, the red sauce is spot on, they put a huge egg over it and then smother it with sour cream and cheese. All accompanied with a giant piece of skirt steak.

There is NOTHING better then those bad boys. I can eat them every day of the week if i could. Theres this place in orange called "Taco Mesa" that makes thee best Chilaquiles. Tasty chips, the red sauce is spot on, they put a huge egg over it and then smother it with sour cream and cheese. All accompanied with a giant piece of skirt steak.

We have Taco Mesa near my work (Costa Mesa) and also near my house (Mission Viejo).

We have Taco Mesa near my work (Costa Mesa) and also near my house (Mission Viejo).

MMM you have In n Out and Taco Mesa really close to where you work! Both sound delicious and its 9am!

Chilaquiles are the only thing my wife knows how to cook... chips red sauce and cheese... pretty fool proof haha kind of hard to screw that up!

Tanu not fat well fed!! My family is all over 6 foot (even my mom) and from back east. We were corn bred and love meat and potatoes. HAHA

You guys are fat:)

LOL... Hardly. Before I'm a fish/Reefer I'm a Mountainbiker. I ride at least 3 times per week and on the weekends 3 hrs in the saddle is nothing.

Me:
jdropfront1.jpg

jroll2.jpg

jeffchutesladders.jpg

jeff-day3.jpg

day2wallride.jpg

MMM you have In n Out and Taco Mesa really close to where you work! Both sound delicious and its 9am!

Chilaquiles are the only thing my wife knows how to cook... chips red sauce and cheese... pretty fool proof haha kind of hard to screw that up!

Yup... AND ChickFilet.

I was already hungry before reading this post... now my innerds are eating themselves.

THANKS JEFF!!!!

If i can make a suggestion, near the Santa Ana Mainplace mall, is Anapalcos cafe. I'm not a food critic, but its prolly the best Chilaquiles I've ever had. Be prepared to wait though.

the best ones are always home made with fried homemade tortillas! and a bunch of onion and queso fresco ontop! with an over easy egg on top! lol best breakfast ever!
but if theres anything as good as it for breakfast nah! best lunch would be chiles rellenos!

I've never tried it but sounds delicious. Gotta wait for the weekend for my cheat days;)

First I gotta learn how to pronounce it.

only thing better than chee-lah-kee-less is momma's homemade posole...people drive 172 miles one way in 14 feet of snow for this stuff. tomorrow is my bday and she only makes it 2 times a year (tomorrow being one of those times) so you know i'm doing my stomach exercises to stuff as much as i can in there. yummy po-so-ley..lol

only thing better than chee-lah-kee-less is momma's homemade posole...people drive 172 miles one way in 14 feet of snow for this stuff. tomorrow is my bday and she only makes it 2 times a year (tomorrow being one of those times) so you know i'm doing my stomach exercises to stuff as much as i can in there. yummy po-so-ley..lol

Nice is it the red or the white posole?. My favorite is the white....and the red one..... its hard to decide. Every year my mom makes Christmas tamales beef and pork with the red sauce, and possibly scooping up some of the christmas masa that stuff is bomb.

She only makes the red posole. But I hear ya on the pork tamales w red sauce. Yum indeed. How about that homemade champurrado with the left over tamale masa...that just completes the meal..dam, is it tomorrow yet..

Back