OT: Reputable Dog Breeder

vuqchu

Off topic but I know folks on here are super resourceful so hoping for the best.

I’m looking to get the kids a family pet (apparently they don’t think fish and corals count). My daughter is old enough so I told her we would get a dog only after she researched all the different breeds and finds the one that is most suitable for our family. She ended up with golden retriever or Labrador retriever. Wondering if anyone here knows a reputable breeder or if someone here has or will have puppies for sale. She knows all about the temperament for each breed so ideally pure bred with AKC registration.

I’m not against adopting from the shelter but I made her do her homework on care and temperament for each breed so will stick with that choice. So please no philosophical debate.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
When my kids wanted a dog, my wife gave me a list of requirements: can't shed, bark, fart, and has to do it's own laundry. We came close and crossed off most of those with a Goldendoodle.

Not likely to find one to adopt, so I found a place on east coast that does wonderful, and provides detailed reports on each litter.

We've had Lux for 3 years and he takes a beating from the young ones, chill with the oldest, and loves to hike and go on rides with me. A perfect dog for our family. the hurdle? 3k.

Totally worth it. I'll look for your FS thread to help fund.

Try Craigslist or just go driving around East LA.

I would do driving around LA over CL. LOL

golden retriever/lab rescue groups would be good too. There are many of them in socal

Great idea. Thank you!

When my kids wanted a dog, my wife gave me a list of requirements: can't shed, bark, fart, and has to do it's own laundry. We came close and crossed off most of those with a Goldendoodle.

Not likely to find one to adopt, so I found a place on east coast that does wonderful, and provides detailed reports on each litter.

We've had Lux for 3 years and he takes a beating from the young ones, chill with the oldest, and loves to hike and go on rides with me. A perfect dog for our family. the hurdle? 3k.

Totally worth it. I'll look for your FS thread to help fund.

Hahaha! Yeah I was expecting that range after looking at the AKC site. Narrowed down to a couple sellers but wanted to check here first.

All is well Vu. I’m basically semi retired because I have issues with breathing and can’t wear a mask for extended periods so greatly affecting my work. Still looking to leave CA as soon as the work for my wife presents itself.

The world is crazy right now but don’t get me started, I’ll rant and then I don’t stop lol.

I thought you sold your stuff off and were taking a break also to spend more time with your kids?

Any dog breed, reputable breeder, 3k seems to be about the going rate. I will say if you get a dog from a good breeder, your vet costs will lower, at least in my experience. Backyard breeders and the craiglisters of the world, I've been there, and dogs can be hit or miss.
I fully support adopting! But... and it's selfish for me but the truth... when you like a particular breed as I do, Rottweilers, and have had them most of your life, the unfortunate part of this breed is the short life spans. 8-10 years usually. Adopting a Rott that's already 2-3 years old takes away a good chunk of your time with the dog. And with the mass breeding over the last 40 years, they have more problems than they used to. So, every 10 years, I pay the money and get a dog from a good breeder. Sorry to go off on my own rant here....

Anyway, good luck with your search! Getting a new member of the family is an exciting time.

OT: Reputable Dog Breeder

My buddy is a Labrador breeder in Perris, CA. AKC registered. He sells black for $800 and $1000 for yellow and $1200 for chocolate. If you are interested let me know and I'll hook you up. He's been breeding them for at least 25 years.

Back