pa1ntbru5h's 300+ Gallon Build Thread

The sump is here!! I can finally start to plumb the tank and get it wet!!
John at Advanced Acrylics did an amazing job with this sump. I'm super happy with how it came out.

Sump specs:

Advanced Acrylics
60x26x16 Sump and 14x26x16 ATO
1/2" acrylic
Interchangeable plate for filter pad or filter socks
Probe holders, dosing lines, and heater racks

That's HOT.

This is what I got so far..
Still need to work on the returns and manifold

CFc0aLWl.jpg

dEpOCGCl.jpg

scl6wBVl.jpg

Similar tanks

Similar tanks

CFc0aLWl.jpg

dEpOCGCl.jpg

scl6wBVl.jpg

Hello, I have a new CD tank it is 72 x 30 x 24 and I will have the modular marine overflow. What size pipes did you use? What size bulkheads did you use? Thanks

Hello, I have a new CD tank it is 72 x 30 x 24 and I will have the modular marine overflow. What size pipes did you use? What size bulkheads did you use? Thanks

It depends what size the holes are on your overflow and tank.
I'm guessing they drilled your return holes on the glass for 3/4".
Also depending what size overflow you have dictates what size drain holes it has.
I personally have 1.5" drains and 1" returns. I sized up my return holes from 3/4"

CDA does offer plumbing at an extra cost

CFc0aLWl.jpg

dEpOCGCl.jpg

scl6wBVl.jpg

Why do u put the bean adjustments valve under the stand? Then u need 2 person to adjust the level in the overflow for silent return

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do u put the bean adjustments valve under the stand? Then u need 2 person to adjust the level in the overflow for silent return

Not necessarily. Just need to adjust and check the overflow box to see where the level is at and adjust again if I need.

If I put it in the back there wont be room for me behind the tank to adjust the gate valve once I push the tank into place.

Last edited:

Having the pipe full with water with the valve at the lowest point also results in a quieter drain.

Haha i know that but the valve to adjust is at the sump which mean u cant see the level in the over flow while u adjusting.

Thanks everyone!

The tank is currently filling while I’m at work. Had the RO/DI going for 26 hours yesterday and probably another 8 hours today.

I’ll take some shots once I get home tonight!

Back