pa1ntbru5h's 300+ Gallon Build Thread

Looks great man.

That canopy looks so dang heavy. My CD tank is only 50" wide with the same style canopy and while it looks and works great, it is not fun to lift.

I ended up dremeling out the small thin panel on the side and put a hinge on it so I could have quick access to feed without having to lift the whole damn thing.

Heavy

Heavy

Looks great man.

That canopy looks so dang heavy. My CD tank is only 50" wide with the same style canopy and while it looks and works great, it is not fun to lift.

I ended up dremeling out the small thin panel on the side and put a hinge on it so I could have quick access to feed without having to lift the whole damn thing.

That will keep your hands out of the tank.

Nice! Still waiting for my CD custom tank (should be soon... I hope!), but I luckily have ALL of the equipment on-hand already. I'm trying to get everything as ready as possible before I get the tank so that when it arrives I can get right to setting it up.

Good luck with the build!

Looks great man.

It's not too bad but yeah it'll be a bit of a pain to feed everyday haha. Maybe I can feed through the back?
I'm thinking of possibly putting handles or something on the inside to make it a little easier to lift. The hardest part is gently laying it down when flipping it up. I dont want it to crash into the other half of the canopy.
Also contemplating hydraulic struts.

It's not too bad but yeah it'll be a bit of a pain to feed everyday haha. Maybe I can feed through the back?
I'm thinking of possibly putting handles or something on the inside to make it a little easier to lift. The hardest part is gently laying it down when flipping it up. I dont want it to crash into the other half of the canopy.

Oh snap hydraulic struts sounds like a great idea. Wonder how this would work. Gonna look into it.

My canopy is very heavy and I went with hydraulic struts and it's so nice. Tricky part is installing. Install too vertical then hydraulics too strong and won't stay closed

Thanks!

Just ordered my sump from Advanced Acrylics.
3-4 week lead time.
It's gonna be beefy just like the tank with 1/2" acrylic

Sump Dimensions:
60" x 26" x 16" and matching 14" x 26" x 16" ATO

Awesome... just got my sump from AA/John and he always does great work. You'll be extremely please if you haven't used him before.

Wow very nice I'm jealous i with I had the room for a tank that big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not a tank..that's a piece of art right there :thumbsup:

:D

Hey did you change your # by chance? I tried texting you a little while back but not sure if it went through. It was the day T-mobile was down for a few hours so maybe that's why.

Wow very nice I’m jealous i with I had the room for a tank that big.

Thanks! You will one day!

Last edited:
pa1ntbru5h's 300+ Gallon Build Thread

:D

Hey did you change your # by chance? I tried texting you a little while back but not sure if it went through. It was the day T-mobile was down for a few hours so maybe that's why.

Thanks! You will one day!

9908b146eca71d0368b0a792ca5949e6.jpg

This is my tank 90 gal.

The sump is here!! I can finally start to plumb the tank and get it wet!!
John at Advanced Acrylics did an amazing job with this sump. I'm super happy with how it came out.

Sump specs:

Advanced Acrylics
60x26x16 Sump and 14x26x16 ATO
1/2" acrylic
Interchangeable plate for filter pad or filter socks
Probe holders, dosing lines, and heater racks

Back