pa1ntbru5h's 300+ Gallon Build Thread

I got excited when I saw something on the thread. I thought it was those fabled pictures! [emoji2]. Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally I can start adding pictures to this thread!
Just got an update that tank walls are going up!

y4ZP6AAl.jpg

GdYSCBel.jpg

bxJim3Kl.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I love build threads... I've got my CD tank on order and will start a thread once I have some pictures to show for it :D.

Do you know when they are supposed to deliver the tank?

Nice! I love build threads... I've got my CD tank on order and will start a thread once I have some pictures to show for it :D.

Do you know when they are supposed to deliver the tank?

Not sure yet. I'm sure it'll be some time since they're also building my stand.

These will be available about the second week of july. Are you looking for the White version or black versions? They are also UL listed.

Woohoo! Either color works. They'll be under a canopy

sweet setup! can't wait to see it finished.

Panta Rhei is a great pump. I run 2 in my tank along with their honeycomb guard. even my tiniest fish can peck food around the guard without getting sucked into the pump. You can run the self cleaning mode, so really no maintenance. every 6 months I run it for 15 minutes in vinegar water.

I run 1 at 50% and 1 at 40%-5% wave.

chose it over MP because I didn't want to risk MP sliding off the tank. Their foam guards suck. But lately some 3D printed guards seem to work great.

Nice tank [emoji108]

Thanks!

sweet setup! can't wait to see it finished.

Panta Rhei is a great pump. I run 2 in my tank along with their honeycomb guard. even my tiniest fish can peck food around the guard without getting sucked into the pump. You can run the self cleaning mode, so really no maintenance. every 6 months I run it for 15 minutes in vinegar water.

I run 1 at 50% and 1 at 40%-5% wave.

chose it over MP because I didn't want to risk MP sliding off the tank. Their foam guards suck. But lately some 3D printed guards seem to work great.

Sweet! Good to hear from a user of panta rheis.
Yeah the 3d printed MP guards are actually pretty good. I hate the foam guards.

Thanks guys! I'm definitely buzzing with excitement.
10 months in the works and it's finally here!
I'm super excited to start piecing together the build and hopefully get it running soon!

Still need to get a sump, ato, and plumbing supplies before I water test it. I'll test it with tap water for about a week before I fill it with rocks and saltwater.

Last edited:
Back