Pics of tank

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15473027#post15473027 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BrianD
The tank is 8x3x3. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't have a 36" deep tank. It is very difficult to work on the bottom of the tank.

Pish posh. Break out the scuba mask and snorkel... quitter! :lol: :D

That is a beautiful tank Brian, I love your livestock selection. That hippo is a beast and the goldflake is awesome. Does the niger trigger behave in this setup and is that a solar wrasse I see?

Thanks KT, the niger has behaved (so far). He doesn't really bother any other fish.

Yes, it is a solarensis. Love it!

Oh, and I have to watch my fingers at feeding time. The niger is one aggressive eater :lol:

Very nice Brian.
My hippo is 6 yrs old now and looks alot like yours. My rabbit is just like yours also , 6 yrs old also and about 10-11 inches in size.
I also have a purple, naso, and sailfin for 6 yrs now.

Thanks Brad.

I added two of those rabbitfish at the exact same time (same size when I added them), and now one is at least 30% larger than the other one. They go through spells where the big one picks on the smaller one, but the majority of the time they get along fine.

Here's my old horse. LOL
010-4.jpg

wow this is one of the ugliest tanks I have ever seeen. Why u don't have at least 10 more tangs in there is beyond me.

JUST KIDDING!!!
Nice work let along keeping a tank going thru all the ups and downs over that span congrats!

I should have clarified my "large angel" comment to "large angels that are even more likely to eat me out of coral and home". The goldflake has been a perfect reef citizen up to this point.

beautiful tank and fish. everything just looks very natural and peaceful in there. thanks for sharing. please don't ban me but I can't resist, all those white "outs" on your closed-loop are killing me! do they make black?!?

They kill me too! One of these days I am going to take those off and paint them black.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15605748#post15605748 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BrianD
They kill me too! One of these days I am going to take those off and paint them black.
Please don't ban me either! But, I have a question, are they touching/against the back glass?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15605834#post15605834 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ryandlf
Love the rock setup as well, but wheres all the SPS?

Never have tried SPS.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15605843#post15605843 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Western_reefer
Please don't ban me either! But, I have a question, are they touching/against the back glass?

Actually, there is no active closed loop. The white PVC you see at the top back of the tank is return from the sump. I had a closed loop at one time, but to be honest all the flow kept the corals/anemones I do have closed up most of the time. I just have gentle flow, and they expand much nicer (and appear to do better).

Back