Pix & ID: Critters that come in your rocks: the good and the bad.

Hi :) only been at this 3 months and loving every minute. Found this awesome lil guy in the tank last night. Been trawling the net and wondered if anyone Knew exactly what it is? Its a slug for sure :) but what type and is it a nuisance in a reef setup?

Yeah, it's a tritoniid nudibranch. Not all nudibranchs are bad, but you'll want to remove this one.

9175a9ef4f51296f1320bec55042b31f.jpg
38a81f34a943bae0dfbc5de35f642d76.jpg
Id please

First pic, some grouping of coral perhaps?

Pics 2 and 4, the red stuff feels fairly firm

Pics 3 and 5, feels soft and is like a gelatinous blob, it recently detached from the rock and slowly floated around the sand till it tumbled into a corner and got stuck. I've seen a bunch of smaller ones sprout up around the tank as well.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 0
  • index1.jpg
    index1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 0
  • index3.jpg
    index3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 0
  • inex2.jpg
    inex2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 0
  • index5.jpg
    index5.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Help identifying please?

Help identifying please?

I need help identifying these small white cylindrical structures. I've attached pictures of of my live stock and can send water parameters if needed.

Attachments

• WhiteSnail11.jpg
    WhiteSnail11.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 0
  • WhiteSnail12.jpg
    WhiteSnail12.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 0
  • WhiteSnail13.jpg
    WhiteSnail13.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 0
  • WhiteSnail14.jpg
    WhiteSnail14.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 0
  • coral_tank_11.29.15.jpg
    coral_tank_11.29.15.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 0
Got my RSM filled with live rock since nov 28th. It is one big surprise everyday.
Discovered so far : a tiny white crab with little black tips on his or her claws. Two tiny feathers and this in the picture below.
It has multiple feathery "arms" and it retracks in a hole? Got two of those. Has anyone got any idea.
abf3d7dadaa27a650ba673b05520050e.jpg

First pic, some grouping of coral perhaps?

Pics 2 and 4, the red stuff feels fairly firm

Pics 3 and 5, feels soft and is like a gelatinous blob, it recently detached from the rock and slowly floated around the sand till it tumbled into a corner and got stuck. I've seen a bunch of smaller ones sprout up around the tank as well.

Any ideas?

1 are colonial hydroids and 2 & 5 are Red Bubble Algae, Botryocladia. It's not the "good" branching Botryocladia, unfortunately. I can't really see 2/4.

Pix & ID: Critters that come in your rocks: the good and the bad.

How come that i cannot post any pic over here? Tried it 3 times. But still nothing

Edit : oke this posted let's put a picture with it.
Can anyone tell me what this is? They look like upside down xmas trees
5e7873ee8611c0272fbc74a7675130b1.jpg

I'm seeing bunches of these 1-3" long whitish, sometimes banded worms with 4 antennae on their heads. They come out at night and eat either algae or the tiny critters in it (or both) and leave trails of sandy waste behind them. They move moderately fast kind of like a centipede.

Attachments

• 1126150713d~2.jpg
    1126150713d~2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm seeing bunches of these 1-3" long whitish, sometimes banded worms with 4 antennae on their heads. They come out at night and eat either algae or the tiny critters in it (or both) and leave trails of sandy waste behind them. They move moderately fast kind of like a centipede.

baby enucid worms?

Back