Please Identify My Brightest Zoanthid!

tkeracer619

The best I can come to is a raspberry limeade. When directly facing the camera they blind it :lol:

rltopdownyt4.jpg

Last edited:
Why get rid of the stars? They are part of my clean up crew and do a great job.

Thanks for the comments.

Last edited:
300+ views and no positive ID.

Anyone seen these zoas before?

Sorry for the bump but I made it to the 3rd page and I would like to identify these zoas since they are my brightest.

from the pics, they do look like Rasberry Limeades.. congrats on the pick up.. they'll color up to what they look like on ZoaID in time... :)

Thanks, found those pics.

I have had them for a while now, and now that I see those pics. I don't think they are raspberry limeades. They are probably as colored as they get. It pretty hard to catch just how bright it is though. I can see them with the lights out, from accross the room :lol:. I have started to move the colony higher in the tank after seeing what this frag did.

These have the same rasbpberry color on the inside but have a bright yellow ring before the skirt. Also the skirt on these looks longer than the limeades on that website.

Maybe a different morph?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9441968#post9441968 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by geoxman
I would get rid of the stars and they are nice

I agree. although they may not eat your zoas, you never know...

Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are asternia stars and can become an eyesore because they multiply like crazy feeding on coraline algae, believe me I know...if you have a healthy population you finally have the "go-ahead" to get harliquen shrimp!

Bump for the zoas. Still no identity.

I'm not too concerned about the asternias, there are tons of different types. I might not have the bad ones, I might have some bad ones. So far they have been model, thanks for the comments but the asternia stay in my tank untill there is an issue. I have over 80 types of zoas in the tank, i'm sure I would have seen atleast one asternia on one zoa at some point.

Also I have 2 cleaners, 2 pepperment, and a fire shrimp. Im not sure a harliquen shrimp would be compatible. Edit, I just read about this shrimp on liveaquaria I have a basketball size long spine urchin. Wonder if that would be a problem?

Last edited:
I would say 90% Razzberry limeaids.....Just because the skirt is longer on yours don't meant aht they aren't the same. Flow will dictate allot of the lenght of some skirts on zoanthids. The differance to your pic and the one on Zoaid can be attributed to tank conditions....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9636138#post9636138 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Azurel
I would say 90% Razzberry limeaids.....Just because the skirt is longer on yours don't meant aht they aren't the same. Flow will dictate allot of the lenght of some skirts on zoanthids. The differance to your pic and the one on Zoaid can be attributed to tank conditions....

I do not believe them to be raspberry limeades. That was my first thought but they are pink and green. The zoanthids I am asking about have a bright yellow ring between the green and raspberry color. No pictures of the Raspberry limeade I have found have this color ring. They are definitly different.

Back