Power outage help!!

bluemonster7

Hello all

We arena the middle of power outage and I had a few questions about how long the tank will survive. Power went out yesterday (Tuesday 1pm)

It is a 65 gallon mixed reef/ 30 gallon sump with only a few small corals and 4 small fish

1. Temp outside is steady at 80 so that won't be too concerning. If temp climb I can put bag of ice in sump and cycle to keep temp down

2. I can cycle the tank for 15 minutes twice a day off of my car.

3, Starting tomorrow I will have two battery powered air stone pumps in tank

Any advice regarding how long they can survive with such limited water movement?

Many thanks for any help

Take a pot or container & pour water from the sump into the tank a few times every so often. This will circulate & aerate the water in both places. Along with the air stone this should keep everything going. I just did the same thing with my 250. That's why a low stocked tank is easier than one full of fish when power goes out.

I've got an extensive post on this in the New to Hobby Forum---hope it will help you.

I lost power for a week during a hurricane, I used 2 battery powered air stone for gas exchange (it also provided some circulation) I did not feed or dose anything during that time. If you have a refugium I strongly suggest using mirrors for a light source if you can. I froze water bottles before the storm hit and used them for cooling. I didn't lose any corals but I lost an adult anthias. If you can do a water change as soon as the power comes back on. Good luck.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Back