Power outage = which battery

Shark888

Hello,

Im looking for a battery as a backup from a power outage. I do not need something always connected, just a battery that I would connect manually once the power outage start.

Im not an expert anything about electricity so Im looking for you guys advises.

This is what I will need, please correct me if Im wrong...

Power inverter with power output 24V / 600W

Valve regulated rechargeable battery 12V / 24Ah / 20Hr

I only would like to connect a Jebao OW-10 wavemaker

Model: JEBAO OW-10
Voltage: DC 24V
Frequency:50/60Hz
Power:12W

With the above battery, how long time can I expect it to run this wavemaker ?

Attachments

• power-inverter24V.JPG
    power-inverter24V.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 0
  • battery.JPG
    battery.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 0
Amps = Watts/Voltage
12/24 = .5A

24Ah/.5 = 48hours (at best)
Thats ignoring efficiencies,etc... I'd plan on 24 hours

Buy a cheap generator. Not only will it power you reef in a power outage, you can keep your fridge running and have wi-fi

If it works the same as a vortech pump I just wired a 12v battery, in my case 55ah to a connector that plugs into the backup battery port on the controller.

Does the jeboa have a backup battery option?

Then I bought a harbor freight generator.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Buy a cheap generator. Not only will it power you reef in a power outage, you can keep your fridge running and have wi-fi

Yes Im thinking about it.

The longest power outage we got few years ago was 10 hours, usually it happen few times in the summer, guess China do not have enough power for everybody AC. :hmm5:

Thanks guys for answering.

Cheapest is a Penn Plax bubbler. Those have an option to go on with a small battery if the power stops. Only good for a few hours, but that's generally enough to get you out of trouble. Most tanks can go about 8 hours with no power and be ok, but beyond that it gets problematic, and you have to stand on a chair and pour tank water to oxygenate it, one gallon pour for every gallon of tank every 4 hours---which will help keep it alive. That's if you have NOTHING. [I had a blackout last for 8 days in winter, and it was not fun.] A generator is recommended, but be sure to get one you can lift and position, and read up on how to set it up. Honda is a good brand.

Back