Protein skimmer poll. What do you use?

g0rilla

Interested to see what sps keepers are using these days !
Please share what brand and comments : )

Bubble magus curve 7 for my 60 gallon tank with heavy bio load

Wow over kill for skimming no?
nice variety of skimmers here vertex seems to be really popular

post your tank size with the skimmer you use please so we can see how people size them. Looks like most sps keepers are seriously over sizing?

Wow over kill for skimming no?
nice variety of skimmers here vertex seems to be really popular

post your tank size with the skimmer you use please so we can see how people size them. Looks like most sps keepers are seriously over sizing?

I have anthias in my tank and need to feed a lot. The skimmer is doing really a great job and pulling out really nasty stuff out.

These are the two skimmers I am running now. The modded lifereef is not keeping up so I threw in the old reef octopus.

I want to upgrade the ro skimmer to an external 12"+ bodied skimmer, because both are still not enough. I am having trouble finding something nice with a good neck diameter and small footprint. I can't find anything other than a few reef octopus models. I think the 7.5" neck on their DC model is a little too big, otherwise I would get it.
Any suggestions? I have a 17" wide space to fit the best external I can find. Length doesn't matter.

For what its worth I have two 40 breeders, a 90, and a 70 gallon all on this system. Each are stocked heavily with fish and coral. I feed a LOT and have around 50 fish.

f6daa1dbbe1bcaf4579829c09ec9132e.jpg

acf6486bb2b82571a8f85a05b67b4efd.jpg

Back