Purple carpet!

I sold the blue carpet to my LFS shortly after getting the purple. They sold it very quickly.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11766022#post11766022 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Doni
Thanks Minh and GSMguy :)
I think I paid around $150 and I got it from Chad at reefscience.

Wow, I was wondering where you got that one! ;) Hope to have more in the next 2-3 weeks...

Thanks again,
Chad D. Bryant

Thanks for the compliment Chad :)
No, they've not spawned yet but I expect they will eventually. I have all my fish in a QT right now in order to allow the reef to go fallow.

Here is an updated picture of the purple monster taken on 2-25-08.
20080225fulltankpic005.jpg

Thanks GSMguy :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12050609#post12050609 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jamie1210
how come the reef is going fallow? ich? or is there some kind of benefit that I don't know about? :D

Yep. ICH :mad2:

blah, that's a pain :( hope all your fish pull though though! oh, and forgot to add in the 1st post: GORGEOUS anemone!

I put the clowns back into the reef yesterday after it had been fallow for a full 10 weeks! It is great to have fish in there again!

20080322ClownfishbackinREEF015.jpg

20080322ClownfishbackinREEF009.jpg

20080322ClownfishbackinREEF039.jpg

Here is a short video showing them playing in the haddoni

Here is a video showing the haddoni eating 3 silversides:

Bravo! on getting your clowns to recover. I saw the pictures of them with ich on another reef forum. That anemone is gorgeous!...I am green with envy:p

Thanks GSMguy :)

Thank you Christina! The next few weeks I will watch them closely to be sure they do not develop any new signs of disease!

Can someone with photoshop skills PLEASE shrink the picture shown below to an avatar size?
I have tried but the picture is then too small to see :(

20080322ClownfishbackinREEF039.jpg

I tried it but am getting this error message...

""The file that you have tried to attach is too big. The maximum size is 8192 bytes.""

:(

Doni I am so mad at you right now......

I was all ready to set up my New 48x27x14 rimless shallow reef As a BTA species tank. You had to go and screw it all up making me want to try a carpet tank :( GRRR ;)

your Carpet is just so darn Vibrant and Grows so fast, Must be the 3 silversides at a time method :)

Thanks for sharing the amazing pictures.

LOL! Sorry GSMguy...but you just might end up thanking me later ;) A BTA species specific tank would be sweet also! At least you could eventually make some money selling the clones...

I had contemplated turning my mixed reef into a haddoni tank..... still am really. Removing most of the corals and having two or three difference colored carpets would be amazing!

Back