R/O units

weaver5

I was talking to the lady at Marine Oasis about r/o units and she was telling me they one that is called something like bare bones. I was wondering if anyone has any exper. with this unit if so if it is good or not so good thanks Scott

a bare bones RO unit is exactly as it sounds. Not very fancy, usually somewhat inexpensive, but is an RO unit. Check for output per day and TDS levels and go from there.

Go to e-bay and save yourself a ton of $$.

I have not yet purchased mine, ubt have heard many good reviews on both major suppliers on ebay. That's where I am going when I upgrade my R/O system.

ChrisK

Re: R/O units

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6852237#post6852237 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by weaver5
I was talking to the lady at Marine Oasis about r/o units and she was telling me they one that is called something like bare bones. I was wondering if anyone has any exper. with this unit if so if it is good or not so good thanks Scott
RO units are available with multiple add on stages. "Bare bones" is the term for a basic RO unit.
IMO an RO unit should have at least one micron filter, one carbon filter and a RO membrane. You can always add other stages onto these basics (if you wish).

thanks all that did respond.I def. want a good one I have been using distilled water and so far no problems but I was recently reading an article that was saying alot of the jobs are washed out and reused.I have a fear I may get something in there I would not want to put into my tank.Also with the 2 tanks distilled is starting to get expensive.Thanks again Scott

Back