R/O Waste Water Uses

This thread gave me an idea to run the waste water to the pool in the backyard....Well for 4 to 5 months a year (in Mo.) that works.

i use mine for laundry. i change 30 gallons of water every 2 weeks and the waste water generate is just about enough to do laundry twice (once per week).

I see this is an old thread but how did it work for everyone? I'm thinking of running the waste water line around to the back of the yard which is like 70 feet or more to fill a 50gallon drum. This will then have an over flow to my garden. Anyone see any problems with that length?

Anyone know how to store the waste water and then pump it from storage container with a pump automatically when the washing machine needs it??

You need a pump with a pressure Sensor, they sell such Systems for wells. i dont know what they are called in english though, could be something like house water System pump, Check a Dealer specialized in diy/ Home

POTENTIAL ENERGY Sorry if it was mentioned before but since the waste water is also pressurized, could one make a huge holding vessel to accumulate water way above ground ? and when you go use the accumulated waste water(to fill your pool, washing clothes, etc) have a little turbine that would send that energy to be stored in batteries for later use? Most likely an idea so costly, probably not even worth calculating.:headwally:

Thankfully I have a well and septic system, so other than using electricity to run my well pump I essentially have no waste, the waste water simply just gets put back into the water table.

However I have been thinking about storing some of it this year to water my garden.

I used to send mine into the washing machine, but kept on forgetting it was on. Luckily my RO/DI and washing machine are in the dirt floor basement. I'm sending it outside through a drain to the lawn now, but am planning on running a line outside to either a rain barrel or directly to my gardens.

I send mine to a 55 gallon drum in the back yard that is connected to a dog watering bowl with a float valve. Just have to clean the bowl once in a while but they usually always have water.

Back