Radion PAR readings

ghostman

I've seen some good threads with PAR readings for radion tanks, but it seems that people are constantly changing their setups and fiddling with intensities. I was wondering if anyone has settled in on their settings and are happy with them (no more changes in the future). What kind of PAR settings are people shooting for? I'm getting 250 on my SPS and 150 on the bottom of the tank, but wonder if I should go higher? Color is good, growth is OK, but could be better. You never know???? Thanks.

I have a 120 with 4 radions on it , my par is 650 12inch below water line, 450 middle of thank and 320 bottom of tank . Its 48x24x24

I've seen some good threads with PAR readings for radion tanks, but it seems that people are constantly changing their setups and fiddling with intensities. I was wondering if anyone has settled in on their settings and are happy with them (no more changes in the future). What kind of PAR settings are people shooting for? I'm getting 250 on my SPS and 150 on the bottom of the tank, but wonder if I should go higher? Color is good, growth is OK, but could be better. You never know???? Thanks.

I think 12k (everything at 100%) is probably going to have the best growth and color. (I love 100% deep blue in the evenings to see the "pop" before I go to bed as well). But I am still in the "fiddling" phase myself.

I'm curious about the answer to this question as well...

What is the ideal PAR rating for SPS or LPS coral?

I have a shallow tank (only 12") and access to an Apogee Quantum meter to measure PAR. What should I shoot for?

Question about PAR measures for those who can measure PAR with their Radion...

What are the PAR numbers produced by a Radion with:
-all leds on & running @100%
-Only blue, royal blue, cool white @100% (& so, with red & green @0%)

I would like to know in term of PAR how do the red & green leds contribute to the PAR on the Radion (for sure, some of you will have understand that I have the idea to switch of these leds depending on the PAR modifications)

Other Radion owners will be certainly interested by this, as this subject was brought up in another discussion...

Really thanks in advance for your kindness
Louis

Back