Rae's pics-of EVERYTHING!!!

Wowie wow wow! A 450g!!!! I am salivating! Do you get input into rockscape and livestock picks too? Oh wow that is too cool Scott! It must make you feel like you've really arrived in the business, huh?

It will be my job to landscape and livestock the tank and do the weekly maintenance stuff.

Three of my little guys on my daughters side

DSC_1231.jpg

It will be my job to landscape and livestock the tank and do the weekly maintenance stuff.

Three of my little guys on my daughters side

DSC_1231.jpg

Sooooo. big boy on the left looks a lot different from his "in front of the tank.....Home Alone" pic...:) Haandsome fam buddy!

SooooooooooQ of the day? Do you all heat your water before you do a WC? I did a rather large change today, and I think I really wizzed everyone off.......

Also...no joke, question.....why does the algea grow at the bottom of the tank on the glass? I cant reach it, which SHOULD mean the light doesn't.......

SooooooooooQ of the day? Do you all heat your water before you do a WC? I did a rather large change today, and I think I really wizzed everyone off.......

I heat 40 gal of it in my garage and load it up in a large plastic tote in the trunk of my car before I service some of my tanks. The larger amount of water does cool down slower then separate buckets but it still cools down considerably
I componsate by doing only 10 per cent water changes every week but I do 2quarts out of the tank then two quarts in and continue till the water change amount is finished.
Rarely is the entire temp on each tank changed more then 2 degrees max.
This way also helps keep the rest of the water chemistry constant also.

I heat 40 gal of it in my garage and load it up in a large plastic tote in the trunk of my car before I service some of my tanks. The larger amount of water does cool down slower then separate buckets but it still cools down considerably
I componsate by doing only 10 per cent water changes every week but I do 2quarts out of the tank then two quarts in and continue till the water change amount is finished.
Rarely is the entire temp on each tank changed more then 2 degrees max.
This way also helps keep the rest of the water chemistry constant also.
I need another heater. I am going COLD TURKEY. My poor fish!

Also...no joke, question.....why does the algea grow at the bottom of the tank on the glass? I cant reach it, which SHOULD mean the light doesn't.......

its getting light through from the front. Take a long handled scraper and put it between the substrate and the front glass to clean it. It is only on the glass --not through the entire substrate because it does not get the light

Scott is RAEN's hero.....just sayin!

PS....I loved that you use that PVC "feeder" I have one too! Are you feeding Romaine?

Scott is RAEN's hero.....just sayin!

PS....I loved that you use that PVC "feeder" I have one too! Are you feeding Romaine?

You mean Scott Jr
I got sick just before xmas with some dumb virus in my chest and still have it. Scotty went with me the entire time and by the end was doing water changes for me. I had to put 20 calls in the 4 days the one week and 3 the next so I am glad I had him with me.
He took about 200 shots of all the tanks and fish but I have not had time to post them on my web site as yet.

I did make time the other day to clean the back off my own tank as disqusting as it was in the picture above

Back