Red Sea Max Owners Club

Who has measure the electricity use from their RSM? I know there are many variables which include, length of lighting, geographic location, and any modifications. I am just looking to get a general Idea.

Thanks,

Pat

Cutting down stock skimmer

Cutting down stock skimmer

Has anyone cut down their stock RSM skimmer and had any success?

I cut it down a half and inch, and it works a little better, Im thinking about cutting it down another half and inch.

If you have cut your stock skimmer down, how much did you cut off?
and did it help?

I stated in a previous post I cut my down maybe 3/4 inch max. It helped a little but I still considered the skimmer a lost cause and bought the tunze. if you like skimmers that work on a constant basis then you might like the tunze.

here is my new toy guys, idk if im supposed to be here since most of yall have the 130 but hey its a rsm even thoug is a 250, i just got it last week. and its the sh******T

IMGP2339.jpg
[/IMG]

hey guys want to introduce myself

hey guys want to introduce myself

Hey guys. Want to introduce myself. I'm new to reef central. I have been in the hobby 3 years so I am still learning everyday. My current tank is the 130d and I love it. I have had a few personal tanks, including a 55l 29, 2 90 bows a standard 90, a 20 tall,a 12 gallon nano (which was my first venture into corals) and my daughter's 10 gallon nemo tank. This is my first venture into reef. My last 90 standard was a reef tank, but my life is so chaotic it wasn't getting the attention it needed. I ran across a used 130d tank and stand for 300 and couldn't resist. Its been running since June 30th. Its hot a pretty good load on it but so far so good. 50 lbs live rock but several pieces are 8 to 14 pounders and 50 lbs live sand. Fish include ocellaris clown, lemon drop cardinal, tiny blue hippo, and a flame angel, as far as corals its mostly lps(acans, blastos, a large open brain, candy canes, trumpet coral, cup coral frag, singulara leather, lettuce leather, a few ricordias as well as a couple other mushrooms, and some zoos. And last but not least, my frogspawn and hammer. Just purchased a yellow scroll and another frogspawn and that's gonna pRetty much fill my up. I would like to modify the hood to hqi's but I don't want to run a pendant. I like the lid if anyone had an old black lid I would be interested for experimentation.

Greetings Red Sea Max Owners !

Well I'm in the process of setting up a 450 gal display (see large tanks). In the meantime I've had a red sea max for about a year. It has about a 3" aragonite sand bed, 25 lbs of live rock sitting on top of a 1/2" pvc frame I made.

The tank is stocked w/ mostly softies, a few lps, & 2 rbta's. I have a pair of ocellaris clowns, a bangaii cardinal fish, a cleaner shrimp, and some turbo & nassarius snails for clean up.

I did upgrade the stock skimmer to a tunze 9002 (which totally kicks butt). I purchased a modded collection cup & media rack by Steve T. I also put a vortech pump w/ battery backup in there to give some additional flow.

Let me know what you guys think.

d2ad7bf875cb458992522bdddcfe2c65

Problem

Problem

I just noticed my RSM has a small x-crack on the right side panel (when facing the tank). I can't afford to fork out the money for a new RSM. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to control this crack with some type of resin or epoxy so it doesn't get bigger? Thecrack isn't leaking yet.

If not, it'll be time to put my RSM/all-in-one tank days behind me and go back to a regular reef set-up.

If I were you, I would get that tank drained ASAP. That crack could travel at any time and drain it for you. Just my opinion. It could also last for years and not ever leak.

That's what I figured so I'm in the process of trying to get a spare tank set-up. Hopefully I'll have it in adequate condition this weekend to transfer everything. This has been a learning lesson for me - to stay out of the all-in-one tanks. Their great, but to replace the whole system for a crack is too much. Continued good luck to the rest of you RSM'ers.

Hey jfro I'm sorry to hear about your tank. Best of luck with the switch. Would you be interested in parting that tank out? I would be interested in the hood. I want to do a hqi conversion but I want to keep my good original in case I ever sell the tank. I may be interested in some other equipment as well. Thanks

Does anyone know of any Red Sea Max dealers in the Chicago area that would have a 250 on display or setup that I could go look at?

Does anyone know of any LFS in Maine that carries replacement RSM 130 parts? I'm a Canuck traveling through Maine -- can't seem to get RSM parts in Canada without paying an arm and a leg!

Thx.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15554871#post15554871 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fjmah
Does anyone know of any LFS in Maine that carries replacement RSM 130 parts? I'm a Canuck traveling through Maine -- can't seem to get RSM parts in Canada without paying an arm and a leg!

Thx.
You can buy some things off marinedepots website, also seen them on several sites on the internet. Maybe cheaper..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15555676#post15555676 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nano Chris
You can buy some things off marinedepots website, also seen them on several sites on the internet. Maybe cheaper..

Unfortunately, once I add shipping and duty etc. It becomes way more expensive. That's why I was looking for a retail store as I am traveling though the US. Thanks however . . . :)

Anyone using a modified media chamber on their RSM34? Also is it recommended to take out sponge that sits on top of skimmer pump?

Back