Red Sea Max Owners Club

Any other Red Sea Max 130D owners have a problem with the pumps sucking the media (carbon, Bio) up into the pumps intake and thus reducing flow?
If so anything you have done to remedy?
Thanks.

never with the bio media (it has a tight fit), but I did have problems with it sucking up the carbon. I just took out the carbon all together, I now run a Bulk Reef Supply Dual reactor for my carbon and GFO (phosphate remover), but you could try moving the carbon under the bio media and see if that helps, the weight and the tight fit of the bio media should keep the carbon from getting sucked up into the pumps.

Give it a try and lets up know how eveything works out.

RSM Media chamber

RSM Media chamber

Hmm . . . sounds interesting. I was looking for other ways to incorporate other media. Never thought of that spot . . .

RSM 130D skimmer gone crazy!

RSM 130D skimmer gone crazy!

OK, I know the stock skimmer in my RSM 34 Gal AIO is crap...but it has been doing an OK job so far (3 mos.).
I just did a 15% weekly water change (have done many before) and now the skimmer has gone nuts!
It fills the cup with to verflowing with "wet" foam in about 6 minutes after turned on. It is also producing tons of micro bubbles in the tank.
If I turn the air intake closed the skimmate calms down but the micro bubble still ensue.
I have it turned off for now since I have to go to work and don't want the cup to overflow while I am gone.
Appreciate any ideas and/or advice.

RSM 130D Pump?

RSM 130D Pump?

Anyone out there running just 1 of the stock pumps on a 130D?
I had one of my pumps fail (pinky is sending me a new one).
I was thinking though of just running one of the stock pumps for filtration and supplimenting with a Korilea 1.....
I think this will help with micro bubbles as well.....
Just curious....
Thanks

I just wanted to add my name to the list of RSM130 owners. I just got one a couple of weeks ago. I bought it used. No mods, everything is stock. So far I love it.

I am only running one pump right now because one of mine went out on me. As far as flow goes it works fine because I have two Tunze nano pumps moving water around as well. I am looking into getting another return pump only because the one pump doesn't keep up enough with pulling the surface water through the filtration system. I do weekly water changes but I still have a lot of surface scum.

Hi guys, I'm new here on this forum. I'd like to know where can I buy another light cover for my max tank. The lens is all scratched and the light does not penetrate the water as before. It definitly needs to be replaced. You know, this redsea is a joke, no fan replacement, no light lens replacement, no hood replacement. I also need new fans. Somebody help me please, before I dump this piece of junk and get a nano cub!:wildone:

Max in steroids!

Max in steroids!

Hi guys, I just bought a Captive Sun 24'' light hood for my tank and it looks great! It has one 175w 10000k Hamilton metal halide, and two 75w Super Actnic VHO bulbs on it. Now I have 9.66 Watts per gallon on my Max! I also have the Tunze skimmer and Stevie's rack on it, and the Korallin 1502 bio-denitrator, also a Current 1/15 hp Chiller to keep my water at a constant 79f. I will also get the Korallin 1502 Calcium reator for it later. Will post pics as soon as I figure out how.

Tony

Attachments

• max steroids 006.jpg
    max steroids 006.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 2
  • max steroids 005.jpg
    max steroids 005.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 2
  • max steroids 003.jpg
    max steroids 003.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1
  • max steroids 004.jpg
    max steroids 004.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1
  • max steroids 002.jpg
    max steroids 002.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Max 325 watts!

Max 325 watts!

Here is the max with the Hamilton 175w 10000k, and the two 75w Super Actinic bulbs on!:dance:

Tony

Attachments

• max 010.jpg
    max 010.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 3
New RSM 130 Owner

New RSM 130 Owner

Hey new RSM 130 (not 130D :-/) owner. Filling the tank today. Was going to go with 50lbs of LR to start any suggestions.

Anyone out there running just 1 of the stock pumps on a 130D?
I had one of my pumps fail (pinky is sending me a new one).
I was thinking though of just running one of the stock pumps for filtration and supplimenting with a Korilea 1.....
I think this will help with micro bubbles as well.....
Just curious....
Thanks

If you run only one, make sure you plug the output of the other one, or the water from the tank will return thrugh it. I found that the hard way when I checked the water parameters of both the filter and the tank, and was way different.

LetoII 50lbs may or may not be too much, depends what kind of rock you have (light or heavy pieces) Also depends what look you going for, rock wall or one of them minimalistic types. Put it all in and see what it looks like and than re-arrange it a bunch of times untill you like it.
It's a lot easier to move rocks around with out corals attached to them, fish swiming around and shrimp/crabs crawling all over!

Back