Red Sea Max Owners Club

The public release should be coming soon. I'm running the release canidate now :D

RSM130_Sapphire_skimmer_108.jpg

RSM130_Sapphire_skimmer_109.jpg

RSM130_Sapphire_skimmer_110.jpg

RSM130_Sapphire_skimmer_111.jpg

RSM130_Sapphire_skimmer_113.jpg

RSM130_Sapphire_skimmer_115.jpg

Regards,

We use current usa 1/10 chiller. Had a problem with it after 10 months but company replaced it easlily without any issues. Works great.

Sorry if this has already been asked, so I'll make it quick: anyone know the INSIDE dimensions of the 130D MAX?
Thanks!

it's like any in sump skimmer, the higher the water level the easier it is for the skimmate to overflow. which is better than the skimmate not overflowing.

Has anyone ever tried raising the water level after the sump by placing anything in there? (a weighted ball ) To try and improve skimmer performance?

it seems that if you could permanetly raise the water level after the sump there would be no need to buy a new skimmer.

any measurements? how much did you cut off?,..sounds like a good idea as I am looking for the cheapest route.

i tried to submerge a beer bottle (capped, in the sump after the skimmer) to see how much water it would displace, thus bringing up the water level, and the water level was no where near where I would need it to be to skim properly. (aprox. 3/4 inch too little)

Maybe I will try some large marbles in the sump. (before decide on cutting or not)
(reminds me of the story with the bird that drops rocks into a pot of water to raise the level so he can get a drink)

IMG_3084.jpg

tk3.jpg

tk2.jpg

tk1.jpg

Hello guys
I havent been here in a bit but heres my tank now after a recent move. It is still recovering from the move slowly but steadily.
I used the move to take out some aggressive fish but now my tank seems barren fish wise and im wondering what one fish i can add to get some movement into the tank!
I currently have two clownfish, one blue spotted jaw fish, and one mandarin fish.
The clownfish stay around the duncan coral, the jawfish stays in his burrow, and the mandarin fish dosent come out much til the lights go out!

Any idears on a fish that will be nice with my current setup of fish and not grow to big and isnt afraid to swim around!!??
Cheers

bekindtoyurbuds

Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't adding something to displace water be the same as just adding water.
Not trying to be a wise guy, just making simple things simple.

Never really thought about it but it sounds right, either way nothing works.

Im still thinking about cutting the skimmer down, but i think i will wait until i have some money for a new skimmer, just in case something goes wrong when i am cutting the stock skimmer.

Anyone running a canister filter with there RSM? I want to get one that'll also pump water through my chiller and back up. Any suggestions?

Anyone running a sump inside there RSM stands? Details would be much appreciated. I'm trying to figure out the dimensions and what plumbing, pumps etc. would work. Thanks.

Time to replace the standard pumps for my RSM 34
any suggestions?
stick with RedSea or go another brand?

I know ive seen the answer somewhere here before but not having any luck finding it
thanks to all that reply (in advance)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15311743#post15311743 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crzy_pig
Time to replace the standard pumps for my RSM 34
any suggestions?
stick with RedSea or go another brand?

I know ive seen the answer somewhere here before but not having any luck finding it
thanks to all that reply (in advance)

Use two Eheim PC 600 pumps in the bottom of the chamber. Remove the nozzle fittings from the stock pumps by gently rocking them back and forth. They come out quite easy. Purchase two FT6733 from MD dot com or equivalent and glue them to the nozzle fittings. Install the fittings in the tank and connect the pumps to the nozzles with tubing. Gone are all your issues with micro-bubbles caused by the sensitivity to the water level. Your water throughput will increase from 550gph per pump to 600gph which all kicks your filtration into overdrive.

Back