Reef Stews Fish Room

The tanks used for grow out fish are all plumbed together. I drilled the 20 gal. tanks & used a 1" bulk head. It goes into 2" pvc but it is not attached to it.
This way you don't get the slurping sound with the water. In the sumo I have a mag pump going into an Ocean Clear filter & returning to the sump. The pump is a Hammerhead going into 2 40 watt uv sterilizers.

On the breeders almost the same but I used 10 gal. tanks, live rock & live sand in the sump. No O.C. filter, Hammerhead pump going into an 80 watt uv.

I have 3 pairs of Ocellaris 2 pairs of Black & White clowns 2 pairs of Orchid Dottybacks. All of them are breeding. Also have Erectus Seahorses but they stopped breeding a few months back. Have some Peppermint Shrimp that are 10 weeks old.
I am looking to add pairs of grade a Picasso's , Platimun, & Snowcasso.

Your setup is amazing. I have a friend that just breed her grade A Picasso's. It's weird looking at the baby's because some are regular, some look like naked clowns, some are picasso's and the others look all white. Kind of weird the different combination she got.

You got a pic of that 1" bulkhead with 2" pvc....Is that what you are using for your drain?

It would be to hard to see in a picture since it is behind the tank. I used a 1" threaded bulk head & screwed a nylon 1" barb 90 into it & attached !" braided tubing aprox 7 " long. The return pipe is sced. 40 2" pvc with t's glued together with a riser on the t. The tubing goes into the pvc. This way you can also remove a tank by just draining it & lifting it up. No problems with it & their is 9 tanks on each row.

That is how my tanks are plumbed into the return 2 " PVC, a slip fitting in the T for a riser, and a return from the tank to the riseer, works well, I am moving in a couple of weeks over a couple of weeks so I needed to make it as simple as possible.

Back